Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Review on NXY Slide on Pencil Liners! =)

Hi wonderful people!
Today I will review the NYX Slide on Pencil Liners:

These eyeliners about about $8. You can buy it at Ulta or online. They come in a variety of colors and are usually pretty shimmery. Please! Don't confuse this w/ NYX's Slim Eye Pencil, they may look the same but the quality and performance is much different! You can tell the difference between them when you open the cap and the Slide on Pencil Liner has black stained wood.

What do I think of this product?
Even though, as an eyeliner, they are a little pricy to me. (like, I can buy a meal w/ $8...so =P) I think these eyeliners are great! They are very creamy and soft. They are very easy to apply and do not tug on the eye skin. They slide on beautifully and are very pigmented! I really like the fact that they are so smooth and easy to apply. Most of the are very shimmery, however, you can buy matt colors of these eyeliners. I have a matt white, shimmer gunmetal gray, deep purple, and shimmer silver and they have worked wonderfully! The color slides on easily without much effort and they don't pile up (creating a layer of heavy makeup) or clump together.
After application, the eyeliner will dry quickly on the face. And they do not smudge or smear. I'm wearing one of the eyeliners right now actually and I just rubbed my eye, hard!, and I was surprised that almost nothing came off, just a bit of shimmer. I am not sure how long they last on their own, I have not timed this one yet. But if I'm out clubbing, I will spray a makeup setting spray and they can last all night long!
Possibly the only concern to some is that you have to use a pencil shaver to get more product or to make a pointy tip. This can waste some product with the shavings. However, I don't use these eyeliners often and I would only use them for certain events such as dances, clubbing, a nice party, etc. and I know that all makeup expires, so I don't mind that.

Do I recommend this product?
Yes! ^_^ If you don't mind having to use a pencil sharpener for eyeliners then I recommend this product! Especially if you like shimmery eyeliners! These are so great because they slide on so well and easily. Therefore, there will be no tugging of the eyelid and you are less likely to get wrinkles! yay! XD
Compared to brand named eyeliners like MAC, they are very affordable and work just as well. I think a pencil eyeliner in MAC is around $24, and when I saw that, I was like O_O wtf, $24???!!! I can eat 3 meals or treat my bf out to dinner! So really, try these! Yeah, maybe MAC or whatever brand name product feels a little more creamy, or is a little bit more pigmented or whatever, but is it really worth the $24? Unless you're a makeup artist, I don't think so. So, I think this is a great alternative, especially if you are new to makeup and don't want to waste money!
If you are still worried about smearing, for everyday use, I recommend using a powder of the same color to set the eyeliner and for special occasions use a make up setting spray. I live in southern California so it is not very humid or rainy here.

I hope this post helped you in your makeup shopping/searching! XP Thank you for reading! If you have any questions or comments feel free to write in the comment box below.
Sorry I've been kind of not here lately =P. My bf came to visit and it will be the last time I see him in person before the quarter ends, so we won't be seeing each other for 3 weeks. And of course, finals are coming, and I will be studying a lot!

Have a nice day and I will talk to you later! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment