Friday, May 11, 2012

Mascara Review! CoverGirl, Loreal, Maybelline!

Hi Everybody!! XD

So Today I will be reviewing 4 mascaras! ;D
They are:
Lash Discovery Minibrush by Maybelline
LashBlastFusion by CoverGirl
Voluminous Carbon Black by L'Oreal
Full'n Soft by Maybelline

Note: All of the mascaras are waterproof and all of them are black in color. I am a big fan of waterproof mascara because generally they smudge less and they definitely can hold up curls a lot better! Also, all of these mascaras are drugstore mascaras, affordable, easy to find and you can buy them online too!

And, to the reviews!

This is Lash Discovery Mini Brush Waterproof:


It is small and slim, about 11 cm long. It's very portable. It was made to coat every single lash and lengthen slightly. The wand is small and slim, with tiny bristles that are ordered in a single helix (biology moment! XD), a single spiral.
It is about $6-9.

What do I think of this product?
I really really like this mascara! I have been using it for about a year and I will definitely buy another one again! The wand lets me comb every single one of my lashes and it is very precise! It darkens well and lengthens the lashes a bit and separates them well. I like to use this for a more natural look, and because it uses so little product, it can hold curls all day with very little smudging or melting. It's not very buildable, but it wasn't made for that. It was made to coat and separate lashes and it does it well! It is not very buildable, like your lashes won't get thicker and longer the more you apply, so that's why I meant it's more of a natural look. Also, b/c it uses so little product, it rarely smudges. There is not shedding or fallout underneath the eyes as well.

Do I recommend this product?
If you are looking for natural looking lashes that are well coated and separated and a little longer, then I recommend this mascara. If you like more dramatic, thicker and longer lashes, then you probably want something more intense than this.

This is LashBlast Fusion:

This mascara is about 11.5cm long. It's rather barrel-like shape makes it a bit awkward to carry around and use. the bristles stick straight out and are longer at the end and shorter at the tip to give a more flared out and flirty look to the outer lashes. This mascara was made to make lashes fuller/thicker and longer. It's about $7-9.

What do I think of this product?
I have used this product for about a year. And I like it, it does what it says. It lengthens and thickens lashes pretty well, though it's lengthening properties don't work as well as thickening. It does lengthen but maybe not to most people's preferences.. I favor thicker lashes than longer lashes, so =P. It is a buildable mascara but if you build up too much, it does start clumping. There is no fallout but I always find at the end of the day (so from 9am till around 9pm) it will smudge onto the lower lash line, but I think it lasts long enough for my purposes =P, so it doesn't bother me that much. Besides, I just wipe it off w/ some tissue and it comes off easily. It also makes my lashes very black which I like.

Do I recommend this product?
If you are looking for a mascara that thickens and does some lengthening and lasts for a relatively good amount of time, then I do recommend this product. It won't look like false lashes or be very dramatic, but it's definitely a visible change compared to normal lashes and really does open up the eyes well. The only issue I have with is bulkiness, because it's kind of awkward to use but it doesn't bother me that much and it depends on your preference for that.

This is Voluminous Carbon Black:

This mascara is about 12 cm long and it has a cylindrical shape. The bristles are long just taper at the end. This mascara is said to be a volume building mascara, made to make lashes thicker and be very buildable. It is a drugstore brand that can be found anywhere and it's about $8.

What do I think of this mascara?
I got this mascara because of Michelle Phan's review on it on one of her Youtube videos and she said she really liked it b/c of the volume and buildability. However, I kind of thought otherewise. Yes it's very black and somewhat buildable. In buildability level I think it is passable but it doesn't build as well as the CoverGirl one. Personally, I didn't this made my lashes much thicker, I think they lengthened them a lot, made them look really flirty but it didn't really do much for me in thickening. I was disappointed because it's supposed to be for thickening and volume building which it really didn't do much of. Another thing that I didn't like was that it was super hard to take off. I use waterproof mascara and I use waterproof eye makeup remover too, and this is annoying hard to take off. I still got smudge marks from this mascara at least 3 days after I used it without applying any mascara at all. It was annoying....
So, I personally did not like this mascara. It definitely creates very long lashes, but that's not what I looked for and it's very difficult to get off, leaving smudge marks for days, which looks unattractive.

Do I recommend this mascara?
Even if you are looking for lengthening mascaras that make your eyes look flirty. I don't recommend this mascara, just because how annoying it is to take it off! Go try something else, I don't think it will work that well and I won't be using it anymore.

This is Full'n Soft:

It is about 11cm long. And it has similar bristles to Voluminous. It is said to make lashes long but still natural and soft looking. It is said to help prevent loss of lashes through it's vitamin E formula and that there is no clumping or smudging and it is contact lens safe.

What do I think of this product?
I think it does make my lashes dark and long and soft. It does thicken a little bit but I wish it could do more. It is very buildable and there is no clumping. However, it is still a little hard to remove, but it is much easier to remove than the Voluminous. There may be a bit of smudging under the eyes the day after you use it (without putting on mascara that day) but it is acceptable to me. I haven't used this mascara long, but I have decided to keep and use it (unlike the Voluminous which I will not use ever again).

Do I recommend this product?
If you like longer, flirtier lashes, then I think this is worth a shot. However, if you want thicker lashes, this won't do too much. I like the fact that there is no clumping and it fans out and separates my lashes quite well.

So, I hope that you found this review helpful! For the Full'n Soft, it is new to me so I will edit this post if there is anything else I find out later.
Thanks for reading and I'll see you guys later! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment