Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Review on Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub

Hi Everyone! X)

I hope everyone had a good weekend, in California at my university, most midterms are done so this is a good relaxing weekend for most of us haha.

So today I will be reviewing Neutrogena's Oil Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub:

This product can be found in any drugstore and easily online. It's about $7-9, so reasonably affordable. It contains 4.2 fluid oz or 124mL of product.
It's active acne treatment is 2% salicylic acid.
It is said to be oil-free, have Vitamin C, and clears breakouts.

What do I think of this product?
I have been using this product for more than 3 years and I have recently stopped (yes, I will tell you why!). I think this product works well. It does what it says. It does not cause breakouts for me and it helps clear acne. I actually used the Aloe version for 1-2 years before using this and I like this one better, because I think it smells better haha. It has a nice, fruity smell.
Because it is a scrub it will have microbeads inside for exfoliation. Personally, I feel that on my skin, the exfoliating beads are on the harsher side. The microexfoliators are kind of hard and largish in size. When I use it, I need to wash my face very carefully because more pressure/rubbing will irritate my skin. Later in the years I stopped using it on my face and just used it on my forehead because that is the oiliest area with the thickest and most insensitive skin. And in that area it worked well. I do get good results from it but if I scrub too hard on the pimples alone, they will hurt and get a little red, so please keep that in mind!
I also do feel a little dry after using this product, any acne treatment or cleanser will do it, it's part of the process to dry the pimple out and reduce swelling so I just wash with a hydrating cleanser or apply a moisturizer afterwards and it's fine.
I do not use this product anymore because 1st: the exfoliator  alone is on the harsher side and I have found an acne treatment exfoliator that is more gentle 2nd: I used to get more widespread breakouts, that would cover the forehead, or a larger area of the face, but nowadays I don't really get that much acne. I get spot acne, and it is not good for the skin to get washed with acne treatment cleanser when only a small area of the skin needs it.

Do I recommend this product?
For more insensitive/thicker skin, oily to normal skin with acne issues, yes, I recommend this product. However, please use it gently, even if your skin is tougher than others, you don't want to over scrub, it will still damage your skin.
However, if you have sensitive skin with acne, especially if it gets easily irritated with rubbing, then I don't think this is a good idea. This is a pretty strong exfoliator and it also really depends on how your put pressure on your skin when you wash it. If you are confident in yourself with knowing how to handle harsher products, then you can try it. I'm a bit torn, since I'ved used this product for so long and it does help acne quite a bit but I know it's like a double-edged sword, so you need to be careful with it!

So I hope you guys liked this post! If you have any questions, feel free to write in the comment box below! Or if you have anything you want me to talk about more, go ahead an ask! There is no harm in asking =)

Thank you for reading this, I hope this helped you on your journey for clear skin! Good luck and I will see you guys later! X)

No comments:

Post a Comment