Sunday, May 20, 2012

Review on Pureology UV Hair Colour Defense!

Hi everybody! =D

The days are getting longer, sunnier, and definitely hotter! Especially where I live in so cal! And not only skin protection but hair protection from the sun is very important. Sun can bleach hair, lighten it and make it more brittle and dry. Moisturizing and protecting hair with certain products can maintain the health, longevity, and shine of your hair! =)

Today I will be reviewing Pureology UV Hair Colour Defense:
(It actually has a very long title, but I chose part of it b/c it is the main focus of this review)


This product can be found online or in any haircair beauty store. This is the one I have and it is 60mL or 2.0 fluid oz. for about $6. It is a travel size. The regular size is 8.5 oz for about $20. It is organic and 100% vegan. It was originally made to keep colored hair from fade, keep it longer lasting from the sun's bleaching rays. However, you can also use it as a sun protectant for your hair as well. I was recommended this at the beauty store.
Directions: Use daily for max protection. Spray on damp or dry hair prior to sun and light exposure. Don't rinse. Comb through.

What do I think of this product?
I do not color my hair and I have never colored my hair. My hair tends to get sun damaged very easily and so it starts changing colors, which I don't like. It will do that inevitably, since the ends of the hair will be the oldest and most sun exposed. But I didn't like how my hair turned a dirty blond color at the ends. I have used this spray almost everyday for about 3 months. It smells like sunscreen so basically it's hair sunscreen. XP
It does not feel or look oily or sticky when used. I mostly focus on the crown of my head, the  back of my head, and my roots and just comb everything thoroughly. It does make my hair smell like sunscreen for a bit, but it goes away.
I believe this product works well. My hair has been more protected by the sun and it doesn't change color as quickly. Like I said earlier, the ends of the hair is the oldest, most frail and has the longest exposure over time, so my hair is still being bleached by the sun but very very slowly. It is not damaged by the sun as much and doesn't get as brittle. Usually in about 3 months time, it becomes a pretty dry dirty blond color which I have to cut off. It's been about 3 months now and they are not blond but a more medium-light brown reddish color (my original hair color is very dark brown).
So I like this product, it works fairly well. I probably will not buy the full size because it is pricy and I like the portability of the travel size one. I can take it on trips, to school, etc.

Do I recommend this product?
If your hair tends to get very sun damaged easily like mine, I do recommend this product. You don't need a lot of product, just spray and comb evenly. I do suggest a travel size because it lasts for a good amount of time, it's cheaper, and more portable. Also, if you want to grow your hair long and not trim off as much of the ends, then I also suggest this product, so you don't have to cut off as much dead, bleached old hair. I especially like to use this at the beach, when I go hiking, anything that means I have to spend a lot of time outdoors.
For people with colored hair, I don't know how well this product works because it's supposed to help keep colored hair longer lasting, but my hair is not colored. Because it work protecting my normal hair from being damaged and it says it's meant for colored hair protection, I think it has a good chance of helping colored hair as well.

So, I hope you liked my review! I hope this helped people who were looking for something to protect their hair from sun damage. I do enjoy this product and I probably will buy it again. The one I use will probably last for the entire spring and summer for me, so it'll be a while XP.
Thank you for reading! Feel free to ask any questions or comments in the comment box below!
Ttyl! ^_^ byee

No comments:

Post a Comment