Sunday, May 27, 2012

Review on NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder!

Hi Everyone! I hope for those of you celebrating Memorial Day are having a great 3 day weekend!

Today I will be reviewing the NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder:

The net weight of both powders is 0.09 oz or 2.65 grams. It can be easily found online or at Ulta. It ranges from $6-8 and it is cheaper at Ulta than the NYX website. The kit comes with 2 complementary shades with a small spoolie and eyebrow brush, and eyebrow wax to help set the powder. It is cruelty free and hypoallergenic.
The eyebrow powder comes in a variety of shades that are supposed to match with a person's hair color:

What do I think of this product? 
The one I have/use, amusingly, is ECP06: Blond. Yes, I use brow powder that's supposed to be for blond hair. XP Personally, I think that brow powders for dark hair are too dark, they stand out too much and look...weird on me, especially since my hair is a lighter color than most asians. So, for me, this color of brow powder works and it doesn't look lighter than my eyebrow or hair color at all.
I think this brow powder works very well. The powder is easy to use and blend. It is very pigmented so I don't need to use so much. I have my own brow brush but I use the spoolie to smooth everything out and make it more even. I like brow powders because they give a more natural look and I only fill in sparse areas instead of drawing in eyebrows (which looks too harsh and scary O_O).
I think it is also very good for the price and I have had this brow powder for at least 3 months and I still have a lot of product left, which will probably last for at least a year!

Do I recommend this product?
Yes! I recommend this product! I think it is excellent to try out because it is so affordable yet works so well! It is flexible for all hair types because of the variety of shades it has. The wax works very well as long as you don't use too much, it definitely keeps the hairs in place and make the powder last longer! If you don't like wax you can always buy a brow gel which are pretty cheap too.
If you are not sure what shade of brow powder to use if you have dark hair, go with the one that is similar to you hair color but you are comfortable with as well. Because I have more sunbleached hair, it does work with the ECP06: Blond, but if you have darker hair or black hair, I think you should try the ECP03: Taupe/Ash. It seems like a good medium color for a variety of dark hairs. Most people I know with dark to black hair tend to use taupe/ash colors for their brows and I think it looks good. =)

So I hope you liked my review! If you have any questions or comments, feel free to write below in the comment box! Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment