Sunday, May 20, 2012

Review on Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub

Hi guys!

So, a couple months ago I was watching youtube reviews on facial cleansers/exfoliators and I saw Michelle Phan talk about the Aveeno Brightening Scrub.

And of course, I bought it XP haha, here it is the Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub:


You can buy this in any drugstore or online. It is about $5-$7. It contains 5.0 oz or 140 grams of product. It is oil-free, soap-free, hypoallergenic, and noncomedogenic.
It is said to have microbeads to gently exfoliate skin and that it is gentle for everyday use and for sensitive skin. It targets tone, texture, dullness, blotchiness, and brown spots to help clear, smoothen (made up word by me =P), and brighten skin.

First Impression
So when I first used this product, I noticed that the microbeads were very fine, much smaller than the Clean and Clear Daily Pore Cleanser (which I also reviewed on). The texture of the product is smooth and has a thin consistency. But it wasn't watery. It has a nice clean fresh smell, a little on the chemically plant smell side but it's not too strong.
However, it did give my skin a burning sensation which scared me at first, because when I washed it off and came out of the shower, I thought my face was gonna be irritated and red, but, it wasn't. It didn't feel painful or itchy and it wasn't red. I thought maybe it was just me or something. But I used it a second time and I still felt a burning sensation on my skin even though, after cleansing, there was not redness or irritation afterwards.

What do I think of it now?
I have used this for about 2 months now. It does brighten the skin and makes it nice and smooth. I feel very clean after using it. The microbeads themselves/alone, are more gentle than the Clean and Clear Daily Pore Cleanser.
However, I still have a burning feeling when I used it, so I don't use it that often. It worries me, even though my skin doesn't seem to be negatively affected after use. It does not break me out or damage my skin though. I don't get redness or irritation after using, just a burning feeling when I use it. Because of this, I probably will not buy this product again after finishing it. I use it about once a week because I am afraid that if I use it more often that more problems than just a burning sensation will appear. It is kind of annoying because this was supposed to work for sensitive skin and I have sensitive skin. I am sad that I can't use this product, because it is so affordable and easy to get. =(

Do I recommend this product?
I do recommend this as a good product to try out for all skin types except sensitive skin. If you do have sensitive skin, I am not sure, because while I think it works really well, the side effect of having a burning sensation during use does bother me. If you have sensitive skin, I think it's worth a shot but you should talk to a dermatologist or try it on your hands first, because your skin is different than mine, maybe nothing will happen to you, or maybe your skin is not as sensitive as mine. If it does work for you, then great! You have found something affordable, nice and gentle that will make your skin clear and glow!

So I hope that you liked this review and that it helped you on your search for a good exfoliator.
Thank you for reading! I will talk to you soon! =)

Quick note: If you have dry skin, then after you gently exfoliate, just remember to put on moisturizers right away after washing it off!

No comments:

Post a Comment