Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Review on Chi Keratin Mist

Hi Everyone!
Today I will review the CHI Keratin Mist:
This product can be found at some drugstores, at Ulta, or online like Amazon. Depending where you buy it it costs $10-$15. It contains 12 fluid oz or 355 mL of product.
It is said to give hair strength, protection, and softness while leaving hair silky and shiny.

Directions: Spray evenly through hair and leave in.

What do I think of this product?
 I have been using this product for at least 3 months now. Everyday when I go home or before I go to bed, I spray this onto my hair. I like to spray it in the lower half of my hair and spread it out with a brush.
The first thing that bothered me was the size of the container. It is actually kind of larg-ish and have some weight when it is full. It is a little hard to handle, being relatively wide, bulky and heavy. Holding in one hand to spray the hair was a bit difficult, I couldn't press the nozzle all the way down because the rest of my strength was holding the weight of the container. They should make the container thinner and longer or something... And then when it gets lighter after some use, it's okay, but when it gets too light, you have to hold it level, so that the product can go up to the tube into the spray, otherwise nothing will come out....
Anyway, about the product. I really like the smell of CHI Silk Infusion, but while the smell of this product is a little similar, I don't like it. It smells kind of sharp and harsh to me, more like chemicals. So I don't like the smell. =/
I don't think that this product gives my hair shine or moisturizes it much. I actually think it dries out my hair a little bit, perhaps the keratin does that, but it is something have noticed. Luckily I use a lot of conditioner and other hair moisturizers, so it doesn't dry out my hair. However, I think this product does strengthen my hair a little bit, but it is not very visible. I think the ends of my hair are not as frizzy and frail as they used to be. I get regular trims around once every 3 months, so I don't know how well this is against split ends, because I don't see much on myself. But if it strengthens the ends of my hair, it possibly can help prevent split ends as well? dunno =P
I'm not sure if I will buy this again. Maybe after I finish using it, I will stop and see if my hair gets any worse when I'm not using it anymore. If I will buy it again, I will probably only spray onto the ends of my hair for more strength and protection.

Do I recommend this product?
Hmm...well, I'm not sure. I don't mind the price but some people may. I recommend this product as a good product to try if you hair doesn't get dry easily, and if you have thin, brittle hair that you want to strengthen. However, I don't recommend this product if your hair gets dry easily, if you want to use this as a moisturizer, or if you want to use this for shine. If you want a good daily spray-in hair moisturizer/conditioner please look at my review on the Shiseido and Lucido-L sprays. If you are looking for more a more intense hair moisturizer + shine please look at my review on CHI Silk Infusion and Shiseido Repair Essence. =)

So, I hope this post was helpful to you. ^_^ Thank you for reading and I will talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment