Monday, June 11, 2012

Review on Clean & Clear advantage Popped Pimple Relief Drying Paste!

Hi!!!

So, omg, i just finished the 2 worst finals this quarter, ochem and molecular biology, they sucked, but they're finally done! I have one more on friday but that's a psych final, so it should be okay, hopefully =P

Today I will be reviewing on the Clean & Clear Advantage Popped Pimple Relief Drying Paste:

This product can be found at any drugstore and at Ulta. It is about $5-$7 (if you are paying more than 9, you are being ripped off). It contains 0.5 oz or 14 grams of product. It is designed to dry up acne pimples, and said to allow skin to heal.
Directions: After cleansing face, apply a light layer/film on the popped pimple and allow it to dry. It is a light blue color that will become white when it dries so you know it is working. It may dry out your skin so they recommend to start application once a day and increase to 2-3 times a day as needed.
On the package but not on the tube, it says overnight. Which means you can leave it overnight or you can leave it for long periods of time without any problems.

What I do:
I put a thicker layer and leave it on overnight, I don't have excess dry skin from doing this overnight. And when I wake up in the morning, I just wash it off.

First Impression
I'm a pimple picker, I can't help it. But it is dangerous and unhealthy for the acne to be picked because of the possible infections and definite inflammation. That's why I decided to try this product. It comes out as a light blue gel-like paste to apply to the skin. For the first time, I applied a thin layer like the directions said on my popped red swollen pimples. And the next day, they were gone! It was so amazing! Like, of course the acne was still there, but the pimples weren't raised, they were flatter and they were not red and irritate! I was so happy!
But, the next time I tried it, it didn't work as well. I would say it's about 50-70% of it's original effectiveness. Which was kind of disappointing. I talked to other friends who used this, and they had the same issue. For some reason, it works really well the first time, and the rest of the times, it's pretty average. It's not bad, it just doesn't give as amazing results as the first time.

What do I think of it now?
So, I have been using this product for 3 months now for spot treating acne. And instead of putting a thin layer like they say, I put a small but thicker layer on the pimples (like I said earlier in What I do) and I leave it overnight, which is about 8 hours. Putting a thicker layer causes it to dry out the skin more and for me, it is more effective. I don't like putting it on during the day, unless I'm at home the entire day. And I like this product! =) It does reduce the swelling and redness of my pimples after I picked and squeezed them. The fact that it's not as effective as it is the first time, doesn't bother me because I just put on a thicker layer and it works fine.

Do I recommend this product?
If you don't have much acne and it tends to be spread out, then I do recommend this product. Doing this kind of spot treatment is probably healthier for your face than washing the entire thing with an acne cleanser that might be too strong and damaging for your skin. Remember, less is more. Use acne facial cleanser when you need to.
If you do have very dry sensitive skin, you should make sure if this product is right for you because it might dehydrate your skin too much and damage your skin. My dry sensitive skin areas don't have acne, so I don't use it there. I usually get acne on the oily areas of my skin.
Also, this product is good for small to normal sized acne. This will not work for cystic acne or other really deep acne, it just isn't strong enough to dry it out.

So, I hoped you like this review! If you have any questions or comments, feel free to write in the comment box below! =D
Thank you for reading!

P.S. I have reached over 1000 views on my blog. Thank you my viewers! I am so happy and I hope that I have been helping you with whatever you have been searching for. I will do my best to give the most detailed, clearest, and honest reviews of my opinion and will continue to do so. Thank you for your time and I will talk to you soon! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment