Monday, June 25, 2012

Review on Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

Hi everyone! =)

Today I am reviewing the Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15:

This product can be found online, at any drugstore and at Ulta. It costs around $13-$16. It contains 4 fluid oz or 120mL of product. It has an SPF of 15 with UVA/UVB sunscreen, said to be oil-free, hypoallergenic, and noncomedogenic. It is said to moisturize sensitive skin for the face and neck to reduce redness and sooth irritated skin.
Directions: After cleansing, smooth over face and neck daily to visibly reduce redness. Apply evenly before sun exposure and as needed.

First Impression:
The first thing I noticed about this product was the lock-pump system. You can lock and unlock the pump by twisting the head according to the small diagram etched on the head. And when you unlock it, you can pump the product into your hands. I think this is an amazing dispenser. The lock works great and I have had no problems with it. Plus it's not messy like the pumps that come with a cap that people loose eventually and it's hygenic!
Another thing I noticed right away was that this moisturizer has a fragrance. It has a really nice fragrance, and smells good. But I don't like putting scented moisturizers on my face (for my body, it's fine). Adding fragrance to a facial moisturizer is just one more thing that could irritate my very sensitive skin. Because of that, I became unsure of whether to use this on my face or not.

What do I think of this product?
The product is a cream colored lotion that has a very smooth and light consistency. However, because it has a fragrance, I do not use it on my face, even though it was made for the face and made for sensitive skin. I would just rather be on the safe side and I don't like my face smelling like moisturizer fragrance. I do use this on my neck, my shoulders and arms because they get tanned the most during the summer and I like my face color to match my neck and upper body more closely. For my face I still use my Lancome and La Roche Posay sunscreens, which have no fragrance and have high SPF values.
On my body it is fast-absorbing and does not make my skin shiny or oily. And it works as a good neck and body sunscreen, but I'm kind of sad that it has fragrance. Because if it didn't, I would definitely try this on my face.
How is it on the face? Well, because I don't use it on my face, I don't know. I'm sorry, yes. I know this product is meant for the face and meant for sensitive skin, but I just don't like scented facial moisturizers, not my thing. =(

Do I recommend this product?
If you have non-sensitive facial skin and you like or don't mind fragrances in moisturizers, then I recommend this product. If you do have sensitive skin and you like or don't mind fragrances, I think it's worth a shot because this product was made for the face and neck and made for sensitive skin. So I don't want to scare anyone from using this on their face just because I don't use it on my face. I just know that generally the more things you put into a facial moisturizer, the more complications there can possibly be, and I just don't want to take the risk. If you still want to try it, you can first try it on your hands, and then your neck, and if you like it and there are no problems then start with a thin layer on your face and see if it works too. Remember, if you do get this and you don't like it on your face or it doesn't work well for your face, you can always use this for your body, and it works fine.

So I hope you liked this review. Thank you for reading and have a great day =)

No comments:

Post a Comment