Saturday, June 23, 2012

Review on Clean and Clear Advantage Mark Treatment

Hi Everyone! =)

It is summer now! Yay! And that means, summer school, research, hospital shifts, and lab work XD haha, not the most amazing things to be doing but probably good for me =P
Currently I'm at my parent's house, so the majority of makeup and skincare products I have are at my place in SD, which means I can't do as many reviews as I like. =/ But I will get back to blogging more when I return to SD! =D

Today I will review on the Clean and Clear Advantage Mark Treatment:



This contains 0.5 fluid oz or 15mL of product. You can find it at any drugstore, online, or at Ulta. It costs around $7. It contains 2% of salicylic acid. It's purpose is to treat breakouts fast and diminish the look of postmark acne effects such as scarring and hyperpigmentation.
Directions: After thoroughly cleansing your face, apply a thin layer onto affected area 1-3 times daily. If your skin gets too dry from this, start off once a day or once every other day and increase application if need be.

What do I think of this product?
This product comes out as a clear more fluid-like gel. It has a very smooth runny consistency. I generally have mild acne, so I like to spot treat my acne. It is healthier for my skin not to put so much product on it, especially more medical treatment products. I apply this only once a day, before I go to bed. I cleanse my face and then apply a thin layer onto my acne. Don't put this onto popped pimples, it stings =(.
I have been using this product for about a month and I really like this product. Because I apply only once a day, I don't get any drying effects. And it really helps reduce the redness and swelling of my acne the next day when I wake up! It's like it was never there! When I apply it, it sort of has a cooling effect, which I like.
I think, that it helps with scarring and healing but helps hyperpigmentation indirectly.
Here's why: It helps prevent bad scarring because when you use it, you're less likely to pick and scratch at them which causes worse scarring and it's less likely to become inflamed on it's own causing more internal damage. More damage and scarring causes hyperpigmentation. However, hyperpigmentation is basically when your acne gets tanned by the sun when it's healing, which means that tanning of the skin will go deeper into the skin the deeper your wound is. This can only be prevented by sunscreen and helped by exfoliation. The gel is not a sunscreen or an exfoliant.
Here's what I think: The more you scratch your acne, the deeper the wound gets, which goes down the skin layers. The deeper the damage, the worse scarring and also, the deeper the damage, the deeper hyperpigmentation will penetrate. Because this gel helps heal acne faster, you're less likely to pick at it and it's less likely to get irritated and more damaged. Therefore, the acne will heal with less scarring and less hyperpigmentation.
The reason why I apply this only at night, is that salicylic acid makes your skin sensitive to the sun (and actually can cause hyperpigmentation), so you are more likely to get burned or tanned. That is why I apply this before I go to bed and then in the morning, after cleansing my face, I put on moisturizer and sunscreen.

Do I recommend this product?
Yes! If you like to spot treat your acne, then I recommend this product! It works well and it is easy to find and affordable. I would advise using this product at night or when your inside a lot, to avoid sun damage and hyperpigmentation. Just make sure to use sunscreen when you go out after a night of using this. I also, don't know about putting on sunscreen on top of this product, I have never tried, but I'm not sure it's a good idea.
Try to start off minimally, like a thin light layer and once a day. I know everyone wants fast amazing results, but really, less is more. Putting more product or medication, and increasing the concentration, does not mean it will treat your problems better or faster. In fact, it might be harmful because it is too strong. Just be patient and the results will start showing soon enough! =)

I hope you liked this review. Thank you for reading and I hoped it helped you!
Have a great day! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment