Saturday, June 9, 2012

Review on Chi Silk Infusion vs Shiseido Repair Essence!

Hi Everyone!
Today I will be reviewing 2 hair are products: CHI Silk Infusion and Shiseido Repair Essence!
Both of these products act as stay-in conditioners for hair. They are both intensely moisturizing products.

CHI Silk Infusion
This product can be found online, at drugstores or at beauty and makeup salons like Ulta. I own the smaller travel size bottle and it costs $8-$9. It contains 2 fluid oz or 59mL of product.
Directions: Apply a small amount to hands and work evenly throughout the hair.

What do I think of this product?
I first used this product when Bubzbeauty used in in her early/very old youtube videos as a heat protectant when styling hair. I really really love the smell of this product! I don't know how to describe it but it smells really really good! XD It comes out in a thick golden liquid, like honey. Like many strong stay in conditioners it feels oily on the hands, which isn't a problem, it's supposed to be that way! To moisturize my hair I just pour in increments of about the size of a dime into the palm of my hands, rub my hands together and evenly spread the product throughout my hair, using more increments when necessary. Then I get a brush to further spread the product in my hair, concentrating on the lower half of my hair. This product makes my hair glossy, shiny, and smooth! It is great to use after my hair is dry because my hair gets kind of fluffy and scraggly, which I don't like.
However, it is important to know that if you are using this as a stay-in conditioner that you don't put too much in your hair, otherwise it will look and become oily and greasy. Which is what you don't want.
I also use this product as a heat protectant when style my hair with hair curlers or straighteners. This time I use more than just a dime size, probably a nickle to a quarter size, really emphasizing on the ends of my hair and then the lower half of my hair. When I do this, my hair does get a bit oily, but after using heat on it, half of the product evaporates and my hair isn't oily anymore. This is an excellent heat protectant, and it has really helped preserve the health and moisture of my hair when I style it with heat!
This product is great for moisturizing hair, giving it shine, acting has a heat protectant and you don't need a lot of it. I bought mine about a year ago and I still have the same bottle!
The only problem that may bother some people is that the container and dispenser are a little hard to use. The container isn't very soft, so I'm not sure what to do when I get to the last bit of product. Unscrewing it could get messy. Also, the dispenser is like a shampoo dispenser, it's a snap open and close dispenser, which can be a little messy when you close it because some product will come out and you need to wipe it off. Personally I don't mind this, but just saying in case you do!

Do I recommend this product?
Yes! I recommend this product, especially if you have dry and damaged hair! If you are looking for a 2 in 1 product for conditioning and heat protecting, this is a great product to use! It may be a little pricy but you don't need to use a lot of it and a little can go a long way! Also, this product is easy to find in most drugstores, salons like Ulta and online in the US. Just make sure not to use too much and you'll be fine. =)

Shiseido Repair Essence
This product can be found at Mitsuwa or Marukai or online at Amazon. It costs about $14-$16. It contains 70mL of product.
Directions: Apply onto hair, no need to rinse.

What do I think of this product?
 I bought this product just to try it out, since I like Shiseido haircare. The smell is very nice, not as amazing as CHI but likes and dislikes depend on your preference, so =P. The product is creamy white in color. The consistency of this product is much thinner and runnier than CHI. This is nice because it is easier to spread out in the hair. Like most strong stay-in conditioners, it also is very oily on the hands, like CHI, but it's supposed to be that way.
The product is dispensed with a pump which is much cleaner and easier than the CHI bottle. However, because the product has such a thin consistency, make sure to not pump out too much or it can leak through your fingers. I dispense about half a pump into my hands, rub my palms together, and quickly and evenly spread it into the lower half of my hair, concentrating on the ends. You need to do it quickly because since the product is watery, you hair will absorb it faster so if your hands stay in some hair too long, that part of the hair will get oily quickly. Then, again, I brush my hair to spread out the product.
This product makes my hair shiny, and smooth! But it is doesn't make my hair as glossy or shiny looking as CHI. It is also great to use after my hair is dries so I don't look like a broom with the lower half of my hair fanning outwards. Also important to know that you don't put too much in your hair, otherwise it will look and become oily and greasy!
I'm sure you can also use us this product as a heat protectant but I have never tried and CHI was made for styling hair afterwards while this one doesn't say that.
The product is great for moisturizing hair, giving it a little less shine, and a little goes a long way! The dispenser is easy to use too.

Do I recommend this product?
If you are looking for a strong stay-in hair moisturizer/conditioner, then yes I recommend this product! This is also good for dry and damaged hair. If you also want a hair moisturizer that has a thinner consistency and gives a less shiny finish, then this is a good product to use as well. You might have to buy it online and I think it only comes in one size, so it is more expensive than the travel size CHI but because it has more product it will probably last longer.

Which product is better? Which one should I get?
Really, I think both of these products work very well. It really depends on what you're looking for and your preferences. Think about cost, and availability. Also, think about the kind of consistency you would like such a hair moisturizer/stay-in conditioner to be and take into account product dispension of the container. Also, it depends on your needs do you want a more shiny finish or a more matt finish? Do you enjoy styling your hair a lot and/or have dry damaged hair? So if you answer these questions, I'm sure you'll find the one that works for you! =D

I hope that this review/comparison was helpful to you if you are looking for a strong hair moisturizer/stay-in conditioner. If you have any questions or comments feel free to write in the comment box below!
Thank you for reading and I will see you later! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment