Sunday, June 3, 2012

Review on Burt's Bee Tinted Lipbalm! =)

Hi Everyone!

Today I will be reviewing Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balms:
These tinted lip balms can be found at any drugstore, at Ulta, or online. They are about $7-$8 each. And come in a variety of colors! (honeysuckle, pink blossom, rose, tiger lily, hibiscus, red dahlia)

They are said to be 100% natural, made from shea butter, coconut oil, botanical waxes, and olive oil. They say that their colors are sheer. Swatches are at the end of the post!

What do I think of this product?
I really like these lip balms! Especially because they tint my lips with color! I was kind of unsure in the beginning to buy such a pricy lip balm. I know that the brand is well known and popular but I wondered if it was worth it. I decided to go for it, and it was a great decision! =D
I have 2 of them: Tiger Lily and Pink Blossom.
I think the texture is good. It does not feel slippery or sticky on my lips and does not smear. I think, for its function as a lipbalm, it's good as well. My lips are well hydrated and don't feel dry or cracked after use. I do need to reapply throughout the day, but that's not a big issue.
The color, I personally think, is stronger than what they say. It's not that sheer, it's more pigmented in a good way. ^_^ Although, if you have darker lips, they may look sheer on your lips. However, my lips are pretty pale, they actually almost match my skin color (unless i'm eating spicy food lol). I like the pigmentation on my lips, they are not too strong like lipstick but not as sheer as a lip gloss. 
Tiger Lily is an orange-based neutral lip color. I think this color goes well with a variety of makeup and it has a light and fun feel to it. Pink Blossom, is a great pink color. It is really pink, as in, I would call it the perfect pink color! This is a little stronger than Tiger Lily and shows up very well on my lips. It gives me a sweeter and more girly look. ^_~
These lip balms are hydrating and long lasting. I think I've had them for more than 3 months and I'm not even halfway yet. However, I don't use them everyday.
I'm also not sure if mine are broken or not, because once I screw the stick higher, it won't go down when I try to screw it back down. Which is kind of annoying =/, I need to be careful and not screw the stick too high otherwise it'll get messy.
Also, these lip balms tend to melt very easily, so always keep them in a relatively cool, dry place. A purse or backpack is fine. Don't leave it in a hot car, it will melt, that's what happened to a friend of mine =P

Do I recommend this product?
If you don't mind the price, then yes! I do recommend this product as a good product to try, especially if you are looking for a tinted lip balm! What I like most about it is that it tints my lips well! If you just want a regular lip balm or chapstick, go for something cheaper XP.

Lipbalms that I own:

I have Tiger Lily and Pink Blossom.

While the swatches look rather sheer on my hand, for some reason, they are much more pigmented on my lips. I don't know why =P.

I hope you liked this review! Thank you for reading and I will see you later! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment