Friday, June 29, 2012

Review on E.L.F. Loose Mineral Eyeshadow


Hi Everyone! I am back in SD, which means all of my products are here! And I can finally take pictures and review more stuff! yay! XD

Today I will review the E.L.F.'s Mineral Eyeshadow


All E.L.F. mineral eyeshadow is $3.00, weigh 0.03 oz or 0.85 grams, and comes in loose pigments. And they can only be bought on the E.L.F. website.

This was my first buy E.L.F. ever and I was hesitant on the quality so that's why I only bought 2 shades.

I bought the pigments Angelic (shimmer) and Partier (matt):



And here are the swatches!
Angelic on above and Partier below.


What do I think of Angelic?
Wow! I was so impressed with this eyeshadow! This eyeshadow is beautiful! Absolutely beautiful. It is a very shimmery snow pearly white color and I love it! It is great for putting on the inner corners of the eyes and if I want to really brighten my eyes, I put it on the inner half of my eyelids with a smokey eye and it looks amazing! Or I could just put a little on only my eyelids and blend it out, and that makes my eyes pop! This eyeshadow is very very pigmented, does not crease and is easy to blend. Because it is so pigmented, I only need a little bit and so far this pot has lasted me for 6 months and you can see I still have a lot! I would definitely re-buy this eyeshadow again!

What do I think of Partier?
Unfortunately, this one was a bad buy. =( On the website, the color block for Partier looks like a matt gray-blue color, however, in reality, it is more of a matt gray color. This eyeshadow, I have so many problems with, I used it once and never used it again. It is not very pigmented, does not blend well, and it creases. The eyeshadow alone tends to ball up in tiny powder balls in the pot which makes application terrible because when you apply with a brush, the balls will smear open, leaving areas of more eyeshadow than others. So, overall, this eyeshadow sucks. =/

What do I think of the packaging?
I actually thought it wasn't a bad idea to have a sifter above the powder pigment. Because it is easy control and tap out how much pigment you want. However, if you're like me, and carry these things around a lot, they get moved around and the pigment goes out of the sifter to the surface. This is annoying because once I open the cap, some powder flies out and also I can't tap the powder back underneath the sifter, so the powder stays there.
Really, it's not a problem if I'm careful, but I'm just noting this to anyone who wants to know more about the packaging/container/pot for the loose mineral eyeshadow.

Any recommendations?
For the 2 that I bought, I definitely recommend Angelic. It is a beautiful color that is flexible with any color and any look. An example of how you could use it is in this video (at the end w/ the shimmer): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpIRqEmy8IQ
Gossmakeupartist did not use Angelic, I don't know if he did or not, but Angelic looks almost like that, it would work beautifully!
I do not recommend Partier, just a bad product overall, don't waste your money.

Tips for buying at E.L.F.
-this brand usually sells very shimmery eye shadows
-the quality of the eyeshadows and other products really vary, one color shadow could be amazing and one could be really crappy, really depends, it's a hit or miss thing
-i found out through buying these 2 things, that I'm rather sloppy when it comes to loose pigments, so keep that in mind, if you're not careful these products are easy to spill and literally blow away

So I hope you liked this review, I know that this was only 2 of the shadows from the E.L.F. Loose Mineral Eyeshadow collection, but I am planning on trying more! So stay tuned!
Thank you for reading and I will talk to you later! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment