Thursday, April 12, 2012

Review on Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque! =D

Hi everyone! I am so looking forward to the weekend and I hope you guys will have a great weekend too! =D

Today, I am reviewing one of my most beloved products!

It is the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque!

This mask  contains 226.9 grams of product or 8 oz of product.
It is a little over $4 at Walgreens, but you can find this at almost any drugstore or online, Amazon is good. It is very very affordable and easy to get.
It is said to dry acne pimples, shrink enlarged pores, and draw out impurities from your skin like dirt, oil, makeup etc.
Directions: cleans face and neck, apply the product generously and allow it to dry for about 15 minutes. Then remove with warm water and a washcloth.
Please avoid eye contact, skin around the eyes, and lips.
Ingredients (not all but some that may be important to you): water, gylcerin, zinc oxide, propylene glycol,  sulfur, and fragrance (parfum)

What do I think?
So I first heard this from a product review from Bubzbeauty on YouTube, and I know that her skin is sensitive and I decided to try it out.
And omg it was fantastic!!! It really does help dry out pimples and make pores smaller. My face looks a lot cleaner after use. It also helps with more swollen red pimples, decreasing redness and size.
It has a minty smell to it and it does feel cool during the drying process. Actually, it feels kind of cold, but I like that feeling, really wakes me up!
While it does feel a little dry, it doesn't dry out my skin, I don't get flaky after use. It does not irritate my very sensitive skin which is definitely a plus! It's hard to find products that work so well for my skin, not irritating it and improving it as well!

My personal routine is to wash my face with warm-lukewarm water (to open up my pores), dry it, and then put on the mask to draw impurities out of my pores. I like washing my face afterwards with my hydrating Shiseido Whip or Milk! I like to use this masque once a week.
Also, I have been using this product for at least 5 months with no problems at all X)

Do I recommend this product?
YES! Yes yes yes yes yesssss!!! This is an amazing masque. It gives a lot of product with such an affordable price. This is a staple in my weekly cleansing routine and has improved my skin clarity a lot!
I definitely recommend this product to any person with any skin type! I have also read many reviews with people with different skin types and they don't seem to have any problems with it =).
So, yes! go for it! It will do wonders to your skin XD
And even if you try it and you don't like it or it doesn't work for you, monetarily it's a very small loss. But I doubt that anything bad will happen to your skin. =)

Note: When using this product, apply to clean dry skin. A layer of oil and dirt makes it hard for the masque to absorb impurities from the skin when there's a wall/barrier and if your skin is wet, it won't adhere well, and will just slip off.

I hope that you have enjoyed this review and got something useful out of it! haha
Have a great day, have fun, and enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment