Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Review on Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner

Hi Everyone! So today I'm going to review the Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner.

This toner is about $7, you can buy it at any drugstore or online.
It is 8.5 fluid oz or 250mL.
Said to be noncomedogenic, oil free, hypoallergenic, absorbs quickly, and there is no tightness, dryness, or stinging.

What I thought:
I bought this toner because I read good reviews about it and it had a pretty good average rating on their website. I wanted alcohol free so it wouldn't dry out my sensitive and dry skin. And I don't use toners very often, I use it if I'm going to put on a hydrating mask, which is about once a week. I also make sure to use at little as possible.
I used it for about 2 months. And I think it's okay. It works like a toner is supposed to, it cleans any facial cleanser left on the skin and readies the skin for maxium mask or moisturizer absorbtion.
But I felt a little irritation on my cheeks and in the corners of my nose. And I did get tighness and dryness on my cheeks and around my mouth which I didn't like very much. It also caused some temporary redness.
So I stopped using it, and gave it away to someone.

Do I recommend this toner?
I think for people with non-sensitive normal, oily, or normal-oily combination skin, this is a good choice and worth a try. Since there are more oils on the skin, it won't get that dry that easily.
However for sensitive and dry skin, I don't recommend this. It will dry your skin out very quickly and it will feel uncomfortable.

So, this was a quick review but I hope you found it helpful!
If you have any questions feel free to contact me and/or comment down below!
I will see you all later! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment