Monday, April 23, 2012

Review on Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion =)

Hi Everyone!

So a bit back I talked about changing from Cetaphil to a new moisturizer. I bought 3 and recently I have been given one.

This is the 3rd moisturizer: Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion


While it does not say it can be used on the face, I contacted the company and yes, they told me that this moisturizer can be used on the face.
The particular bottle I bought contains 8 oz of product or 227 grams and costs about $6. Which is such a bargain! It is fragrance free with natural colloidal oatmeal and dimethicone skin protectant. It is said to help heal and protect delicate skin for 24 hours. It contains 1.2% dimethicone.

Now I actually could not find this at CVS, the drugstore I live nearby so I had to order it online. I think I ordered it from Walgreens or the Aveeno website. It is easily available in many drugstores, Aveeno is a popular brand, it just wasn't there that day I guess or my CVS doesn't carry it.

First Impression
So, like my other moisturizers I tried it for at least a week before switching off to try a new one.
And, omg, this moisturizer felt like the one for me!
It has a very smooth creamy consistency which does not feel sticky or heavy. This also means you don't have to use a lot, a little goes a long way!
The one thing I noticed which did bother me initially was the smell. It's true, it is fragrance free, but it smells like oatmeal XD, haha, maybe they decided to not cancel out the natural oatmeal smell with another chemical, but it is not too bad.
I saw an almost immediate reduction in redness and inflammation around my mouth. It is that good!
It works fine after cleansing and after exfoliating. It doesn't feel stinging or burning or itchy after application.
I was very impressed by this product and actually didn't want to continue trying the others that I bought to stick with this one.

What do I think of it now?
This is a fantastic moisturizer. I really like it, it's great for my very dry and sensitive skin. It reduces redness and irritation. I don't get breakouts from it.
It is very affordable, and I can use it on my body and face.
The one thing you might want to be careful with is not to apply too much. You don't need much in the first place, but start off light, because if you apply too much, it gets kind of sticky.
I don't really get an oily shine from this moisturizer, which is good. I would probably get a "shiny face" if I applied too much on.
Does it last for 24hrs? yes, on an average day. But if it's very dry and windy, I would reapply at least once in the middle of the day, especially since lecture halls either always have the heater on or air conditioning on.
This is my number 1 favorite moisturizer right now! I used it for about a month and I am currently trying out the 4th one given to me, but I might stick with this one! =D

Do I recommend this product?
YES! This is a great product for all skin types, especially for those with dry and sensitive skin. =)
It will reduce redness and inflammation which makes your skin a whole lot healthier and better looking. Also, it is a skin protectant from dirt and dust, etc.
It does make a visible difference in less than a week's use. My skin looks a lot better now and I'm sure your's will too! ^_^

I don't know what else to say, this moisturizer does everything I want, everything I need!
I hope this has helped you, especially if you have skin problems associated with redness, dryness, sensitivity, inflammation, and irritation.

If you have any questions or comments feel free to post them in the comment section below!
Thank you for reading and I will see you all later!!! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment