Friday, April 20, 2012

Eyeshadow Reviews on NYX, Cover Girl, and Sephora

Hi Everyone! =D

So today is a review on some eyeshadows!!!
These are the eyeshadows I use everyday and have been using everyday for at least 3 months. I absolutely love them and they are all affordable! You can find NYX online or at Ulta, and Cover Girl at any drugstore or also at Ulta. For the Sephora, it was a promotional product at the time so I'm not sure if it still exists.
The colors are mainly shades of brown and nude with a bit of shimmer in them. Swatches will be shown at the end of this post!
Note: I'm sorry if the pictures are not good enough quality, they are from my phone, which is the best I have. I hope it's okay! X(

First is NYX's Triple Eye Shadow kit:
The top palette is TS 15 Aloha/Mink Brown/Deep Bronze (left for the second picture)
The bottom palette is TS 3 Nude/Taupe/Dark Brown (right for the first picture)
They both are very pigmented, rich colors, and nice natural shades.
They both have some shimmer to them, but it's not too strong, depends on how much you apply. 
TS 15 is more shimmery than TS 3 so I apply this one a little more carefully.
Aloha is not white, it's more of a light peachy pink color.
Nude is not that white and yellow, it is more of a champagne peachy color.
I really like using them everyday, especially Dark Brown as an eyeliner because it gives a much softer and more natural look.
For both palettes i like using them in a gradient effect, darkest color at the bottom and lightest color at the top and blend everything together. It's a natural and pretty look with the shimmer to brighten up the eyes!

Next is a one color eyeshadow by CoverGirl:


This is Champagne 710 from CoverGirl Eye Enhancer.
It comes with a sponge tip applicator which i lost long ago, and I am not sad or sorry =P.
 I use this a lot! If I'm really busy and tired and I want something nude to brighten up my eyes, I just use this as an all over lid color and in the corners of my eyes and it works wonderfully!
It is a light peach/skin color with shimmer and starts going on sheer. The shimmer is not too strong, but if you apply too much your lids are going to look like they are glowing, lol.
I definitely recommend this for people who are just starting with make up because this is a simple, one color, natural color that is easy to apply.

Finally there is Sephora's "travel" palette:



I actually don't remember the name of this b/c it was sort of a premotional thing at Sephora and I bought it on a whim a year ago and I haven't been using it until recently.
It is a very small palette (you can hold it in your hand easily), I'm pretty sure meant for on-the-go with 8 shades and comes w/ a brush (which is crappy quality).
The far top left is a shimmer pale pink shade and the far bottom left is a bright silver shade.
The other colors I'm pretty sure you can tell what they are.
The black and green have larger metallic flecks in them.
All of the other colors have shimmer and the dark brown is matt.

The problem w/ Sephora is that their shadows are not very pigmented, but with a good eyeshadow primer they will work well. (any cheap crappy eyeshadow works well with a good primer)
I only use the black and dark brown to line my eyes for a softer and more natural look. I like the dark brown a lot b/c it is matt and it's the darkest brown I have.

Here are the swatches of all the eyeshadows:



I hope I gave you all enough information. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to comment =). If you were interested in these products or brands, I hope you found this review helpful!

So yeah, these are the eyeshadows that I use for my everyday makeup. I will do tutorials on them soon. I'm still deciding whether I should buy a nice but expensive camera and do video tutorials, or do picture tutorials. Help me decide please! XO I'd like to give the simplest, most straightfoward, tutorials possible =) thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment