Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Review on Kiehl's Micro-Blur Skin Perfector (work still in progress)

Hi Everyone!

Today I am reviewing the Kiehl's Micro-Blur Skin Perfector
This product can be found online or in the Kiehl's store for $35. It contains 1.0 fluid oz or 30mL of product.
This product can be used as a primer before foundation and/or concealer or as skincare product at the last step of the skincare routine.
It is said to be lightweight, non-greasy, oil-free, paraben free, and non-comedogenic. It is supposed to minimize the appearance of pores and improve the skin by "Instantly, skin appears perfected as the number, size, and depth of pores are visibly minimized. In just 4 weeks, even bare skin appears transformed and virtually flawless. pores appear significantly diminished for a fresh, healthier-looking complexion."

Note: I have italicized certain words for a reason that will be explained below. Thank you.

What do I think of this product?
I bought this product to reduce the appearance of my pores and it was raved by Gossmakeupartist on Youtube (I believe, hope I got that right, bought this a looong time ago). I got it for $30 because I had a discount.
My first impression was that this was a slightly expensive purchase. Kiehl's is known for it's high quality but expensive skincare so I wasn't that surprised by the brand. But you know, this still cost quite a bit. =P
This product did not irritate or redden my skin. It has a skin-color color, but it does not tint or change my skin color when I put it on. It blends into my skin. It does smell like paint, that sort of chemical smell which is kind of annoying. I don't like that. =/ And it is a little sharp smelling so if I inhale too much of it, I'll start to get a headache. Luckily the smell fades really fast and ends up having a very faint smell of plastic, or maybe rubber, something like that.
I started to use this as the last step in my daily skincare routine (following the instructions). Instantly I could tell by the texture that it was silicon based. It has that very slick/smooth texture that some people may not like because it feels greasy to them. For me it does feel greasy well, obviously, because it is silicon based. It does not look greasy, and when I wearing it, it does not feel sticky or heavy. However, when I touch my face, it does feel greasy and I don't really like that thought in my head, even when I know it doesn't look greasy. I used it as a skincare item for about a week until I couldn't stand it, and just stopped using it for that purpose. =P
During that one week, after I applied it as my last step in my skincare routine, I honestly could not really see the difference before and after I put it on. It blurred and softened the appearance of my pores somewhat, but not to a significant degree and not to the point where it is noticed clearly by other people.

Going back to my Note that I wrote above. I italicized all those words, because I feel that this is not a skincare treatment for literally minimizing pore size. I feel that it's just something that affects the appearance of the pores. Granted I did not use this everyday for 4 weeks, but if you read it carefully (as I have quoted for you above), look how many times they used the word "appear". The definition of appear is to "look like something" or "seem like something". So that just tells me, after using this product for 4 weeks my pores will look like they are smaller, but in reality they are not....so, this does not seem like a treatment to me. Seems like I have to wear this product in order to reduce the appearance of pores. If this was a real skincare treatment product, I don't think it would use the word "appear". Perhaps if it was a real skincare treatment product it would say something like "Instantly, skin becomes perfected as the number, size, and depth of pores are visibly minimized. In just 4 weeks, even bare skin is transformed and virtually flawless. Pores are significantly diminished for a fresh, and healthier complexion.". Get what I mean? But, I digress =P, sorry it became a little rant.

As for being a foundation/concealer primer, I honestly have not tried this yet (thus as the title depicts "work still in progress"). I rarely ever wear foundation, much less concealer, and it is summer now and very hot and I don't feel like wearing anything on my face for now. =P So, perhaps later, when I have more events to go to and when the weather cools down, I will use this as a primer and let you guys know how it is. =)

As for now, I kind of feel like I wasted my money. Hmm...probably should have done more research on this before buying. =/ But if it works at least as a decent primer, I'll just use it until it's done and not repurchase it. =P and if it surprises me and is a fantastic primer, i'll let you know as well. XP

Do I recommend this product?
Currently, I do not recommend this as a skincare treatment for minimizing pores. If you want something to just make your pores look more blurred or smaller, you can try this. It didn't work that well for me and I don't really see the point of making your pores "look" smaller vs trying a product that literally makes them smaller. But, each to his/her own. =P

I hope this review was helpful to you. I am sorry for giving you a half review instead of a full one but I wanted to talk about this product before I forgot about it. XP I bought this product more than 4 months ago and really felt the need to get this over with. Besides, when this is on my blog, I can see it and remember to update you guys!
Feel free to write any questions or comments in the comment box below! Thank you for reading and I will see you later. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment