Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Review on Mentholatum Acne Plus Skin Whitening facial cleanser

Hi Everyone!

I'm going to go get my eyebrows shaped and plucked today! Yay! I hated growing them out for 2 weeks...looked so ugly...-___-. But had to be done. =P

Today I am reviewing Mentholatum Acne + Skin Whitening facial cleanser


This product cost $145 Taiwan dollars which is about $7 US. I bought this in Taiwan because I have not seen this version in the US. It contains 100 grams of product. This cleanser is said to have Vitamin C and to clean the skin thoroughly while treating acne and having skin whitening properties.

What do I think of this product?
I love the Mentholatum acne cleanser brand. So far I find all of their cleansers to clean my face well while not drying it out and treats my acne, making them less red and swollen. I wanted to try this one because it is said to help lighten the skin.
This cleanser does not irritate or redden my skin. It lathers into a rich thick foam and cleans my skin wonderfully. It also keeps the hydration and does not dry my skin out. I think it does a pretty good job of treating my acne. I have had less acne than normal and the redness of my acne is reduced.
The whitening properties are not very significant though. I do not see much of a difference in my skin color/tone and it does not look that much lighter. This does not really bother me, I'm not big on whitening, I just wanted to see how well it would work.

Do I recommend this product?
If you are looking for an acne cleanser with whitening properties, I don't recommend it, because while it does treat acne it does little to whiten or lighten the skin. Especially if you are paying a little extra for both benefits, you want them to both work well.
I do recommend any acne facial cleanser from the Mentholatum line, I think they all work wonderfully, and I have reviewed a couple of them. There is the regular acne cleanser and the acne cleanser with exfoliating beads.

So I hope you found this review helpful! Feel free to write any comments or questions in the comment box below! Thanks for reading! I will see you later. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment