Friday, December 7, 2012

Review on Mentholatum Acne Foaming Scrub

Hi Everyone!

I hope you are doing well. =) Finals are next week for me and I will be MIA for a bit. I'm sure a lot of people feel me here haha. Finals in my university are 3 hrs long. Next week I have 1 on Tuesday, 2 on Wednesday, and 1 on Friday. And I have been in the library like it is my second home. XP
To those of you in the UC schools in California, good luck on your studies and finals!

Today I will be reviewing the Mentholatum Acne Foaming Scrub!



This product can be found at the Takashima store and it costs about $17. It may be found at other places, but I have not tried to look elsewhere, you can try Sasa.
This product contains 130 grams amount of product.
In the blue bubble in front, it says there are large and small particles inside for the scrub.
And right under the blue bubble it says it contains Vitamin E and C.
On the back in the square, it says that it can help kill bacteria in the acne and pores and help decrease inflammation. It also has hydrating benefits to make sure water is retained in the skin and the scrub helps clean out dirt and oil from the pores and acne.

What do I think of this product?
So, do not be intimidated by the foreign language, I buy stuff that I can't read all the time. =P I just had a friend of my translate for me. XP
This is a very popular and well known skincare brand for acne treatment in Asia and everytime I go to Taiwan, I use it!
So, when I first tried this, I was like, omg, this is rough stuff! =O I thought it was too rough and harsh-feeling on my face so I put it away for a while.
Then, about a month later, I took it out, to try it again. And for some reason, it was not as harsh as I thought! Maybe I was scrubbing my face too roughly/strongly back then, so I used too much pressure. But, now I do not think this scrub is rough at all!
It has a very lemon/lime clean smell to it that I love! There are 2 types of exfoliating beads in the cleanser. One is a round green bead and one is a much smaller, irregularly shaped white bead. The round green beads are easy to see but the white ones are much harder to see and smaller. I did not even notice there were two kinds of exfoliating beads until I was using for some time. I will have pictures at the end of this post, and I tried to take pictures of the smaller white beads, but it is very difficult to see, so you'll just have to trust my word! Sorry. X(
So, I use this product with very light pressure when cleansing my face. If I use too much pressure, it can feel a little rough and scratchy. But as long as I am gentle with my skin, then this product works great!
It helps calm the redness of my skin and pimples. I am not sure about treating acne, because I do not have much, but I think it helps calm my inflamed acne down and refreshes my face. =)
It also does not contain salicylic acid as an acne medication in it, which can cause the skin to become sensitive to the sun and get tanned or acne hyperpigmentation, so I can use this scrub in the morning. =)

Here are a few pictures of the scrub:




Do I recommend this product?
I recommend this product for all skin types and especially if you have minimal acne (like, hmm, less than 20 spots on your face), I think this is a good acne scrub for your face. The less high concentration of chemicals to treat acne, the better for your face! If you tend to get inflammation and redness from acne, this is also a good product. Just remember to use a light hand!
However, if you have worse acne and are looking for a stronger acne cleanser product, this may not be right for you. Please remember, I think this is good for treating smaller-sized acne, but not for larger pimples like nodules or cysts.

So I hope you enjoyed this review! If you have any questions or comments, feel free to write in the comment box below. =)
Thank you for reading and I will see you after my finals are over! XD

No comments:

Post a Comment