Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Review on Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain

Hi wonderful readers!

Today I will be reviewing the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in the color 040 Rendezvous!

This product costs about $7.50. It can be found at most drugstores and at Ulta.

What do I think of this product?
So, in general, I do not like very pigmented lip colors. I do not like lipsticks or lipglosses. =P I prefer lip stains or tinted/colored lip balms.
I saw Bubzbeauty review this product and I decided to try it out!
I'm not sure what people think is pigmented or not, but I think this is pretty pigmented. The color is strong and bold for me, but in a good way. =) It is not too strong or heavy and gives a more natural look for me. It is probably the most pigmented lip stain/balm I own and I would not get anything more pigmented than this.
While the packaging and the color looks kind of orange, on my lips it is more of a red-orange. It is in between or a mixture of red and orange. It is a very bright and playful color that doesn't make me look older like some red colors.
I received a lot of compliments by my girl friends on this lip balm stain and they loved it! They said it matched my skin color well and made me look lively and bright! ^_^
My bf on the other hand, haha, it was a bit too much for him, he said he likes my natural lip color. Which isn't bad, haha and so I don't wear it when I'm with him.
However, if I want to go for the lip look, I really like wearing this lip balm stain with a minimal makeup face. For example, if  was going out with this lip color I would just thicken my lashline with a brown pencil liner or brown eyeshadow, and just curl my lashes as put on mascara. No eyeliner, no dark or heavy eyeshadows, and no blush. I think this really adds a beautiful pop of color on my face. =)
This lip product is somewhat moisturizing, but not as much as I would like, especially in dry and cold weather/air, my lips will still get dry. So, I like to put on a bit of clear/normal lipbalm before applying this lip balm stain and it works well. When it is warm, like in a heated room, or when the weather is warm, then this products works fine alone and gives me enough moisture.
The staining effect is pretty long lasting. It won't last for the entire day like from 8am till 10pm, but it'll last for a very long time. I was pretty surprised when I ate lunch with it on. I thought it would be gone after lunch because I was eating oily food and wiping my lips alot, but to my surprise, it was still there! =D If I am going to wear this the whole day, I will just reapply once. It is small and portable and easily fits into any purse or bag so I don't mind bringing it around for touch ups.

Here are swatches and pictures of the balm stain:


 So as you can see, the color looks orange on my skin. But on my lips for some reason they look darker and redder. I don't know why.

This picture might still look orange to you, sorry X(, the lighting was too bright and I couldn't get it right. But as you can see it provides good pigmentation.

 So these pictures are the ones that I think show the correct color the best on my lips. You can see that they're a darker orange-red color.

Do I recommend this product?
I like this balm stain and I recommend it. It is decently moisturizing (and if not, just use lipbalm before), has good pigmentation, affordable, and easy to get. If you are looking for a lip balm stain, this is a great product to try because if it happens to not work with you, you didn't waste a lot of money! XD

So I hope you liked this post. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to write in the comment box below! Thank you for reading! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment