Friday, December 14, 2012

Review on Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer

Hi Everyone!

I am back! Finals were rough and I am so gland for winter break!

A couple things I did during as breaks in between finals, I wrote Christmas cards to my friends and co-workers, and also directed a photoshoot at my university for fun. XP


(This was inspired from the movie "Hunger Games" =P)


Anyway...=)

Today I will be reviewing the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Buff

This product costs about $8. It can be found at any drugstore or Ulta and contains 1.5mL or 0.05 fluid oz of product.

What do I think of this product?
I think this concealer is not bad. It is easier to blend than the Revlon primer that I reviewed last time. Also, it is a yellow-toned concealer which matches my skin's yellow undertone!
The color "buff" is a little light for my face but the color matches my hands almost perfectly. However, this is a highlighting concealer, so it is supposed to be on the light side. If I could though, I may choose a shade darker.
Because it is a highlighting concealer, I use it to highlight the shadows under my eyes so it does not look like I have dark circles, and on the bridge of my nose. Because it is more on the light side, I do not use a lot on my face, and focus on blending it out. Because I am putting the concealer on the shadows under my eyes, I am not bringing it too high up to my eye when I blend it (where my undereye folds are) so I do not get creasing.
The consistency is not watery, but it does have some substance. I'm not saying it is thick, but it does take some time to blend and work with. I like to use my forefingers to pat and blend the concealer so that the warmth of my fingers makes it easier to blend into my skin. However, I do need to make sure that it is well blended in and out, otherwise, if I am not careful, it will look like light patches on my face. =P
I would not repurchase this again because I believed I could find better (and actually I did!) However, I do not think it is a bad concealer to start off with as long as one remembers that it is a highlighting concealer and needs to be worked with carefully.
The packaging is a twist up, that pushes the product up to the brush. This I don't really like. Because after you use it the first time, the product left on the brush kind of oxidizes and dries to a darker color and when I need to use this concealer again, I need to be careful to use the new product that I twist up and not the older, drier, and darker residue that was left from last time.
But because it is not in a palette or jar, this is a very portable item. You can put this in your purse for touch-ups or bring it when you travel because it is slim and takes up little space!
This works well on oily or dry skin, however if you do have dry skin, just moisturize beforehand and it should be okay.

Here are some swatches of the concealer:

 In the first picture, I have a swatch on the right and the product blended on the left. I know it is hard to tell, but there is a bit of a yellow tone or hue on the left side of my hand. While it is blended pretty well, I would not use that much product underneath my eyes. This is to give you an idea of what it looks like and so that you can see the yellow undertone better.


 In this picture, I have started to blend the swatch on the right. The blended product on the left is still there, but you can see, it is pretty close to my skin tone.

This is the product blended all over my hand. It definitely makes the complexion smoother and more even. However, my hand is lighter than my face, so it would be lighter on my face if I did not blend it out properly.

Do I recommend this product?
If you have a skin color that is on the lighter side and your skin tone is yellow, I do recommend this as a decent product to try. If you are a beginner who does not want to spend too much, try this, you might like it. =) It is not bad but it is not amazingly good, it works and if you want to save money or need something that you can carry around and wouldn't be too sad losing maybe this will do well for you.
If you are interested in trying this product, you should definitely go to the store and make sure it matches your skin tone better, I ordered mine online and it did not match as well as I thought.

So I hope you liked this review and it helped you. I am finally back and I have so much to talk about and review! It is also winter break and I have so much time to work on my blog and talk to you guys! =D
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to write in the comment box below. Thank you for reading and I will see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment