Friday, November 2, 2012

Review on the Revlon Photoready Eye Primer + Brightener

Hi Everyone!

Hope you had a good Halloween! I did haha.

Here are a couple more pictures of what I dressed up for Halloween! I was a vampire!


Anyway, back to the topic =P

Today I will review the Revlon Photoready Eye Primer + Brightener

This product costs abouth $10. You can get it at any drugstore or from Ulta.
This product is supposed to be used as a primer for eyeshadow and/or as an under eye brightener to conceal dark circles.

What do I think of this product?
I got this product because I saw Bubzbeauty use it once in a makeup tutorial. I got the the color 003. The dispenser is a brush that gets filled with product when you twist the bottom.
So, I have not used this as an eye primer because my Too Faced primer is very good and I don't need another eyeprimer. I tried this on my dark circles under my eyes and on my fine lines around my mouth and redness around my mouth.
I found this eye brightener too light for my skin tone and it was also pinkish in color. And my undertone is yellow, so that did not match well at all.
The biggest problem for me was that it smelled really strongly of paint, or of some synthetic chemical that was not pleasant. =/
While the consistency is okay, it does not blend well for my skin and the texture is kind of gooey. It has very thin layers and it is hard to build and layer up. Because it spreads out so thinly, it has a hard time concealing dark circles. Also, because it does not blend well out into my skin, it looks like pale pink patches on my face. It tends to crease where my fine lines are and doesn't do anything for me overall.

Here are a few swatches:

 I'm not sure if you can tell how pink-toned this is but you can tell that it is much lighter than my skin tone.

The picture above and below this sentence, you can see I did a bit of blending in the upper right corner, but it doesn't blend well, and is kind of like a light patch on my skin.



To show you how pink-toned this product is, I have a yellow-toned concealer next to it (the next one that i will review, currently working on). The contrast between the pink-toned Revlon eye brightener is really shown here. However, the yellow-toned one is not as yellow as it looks like in the picture. It may be the lighting or the fact that the two colors are strongly contrasting each other, the colors are more intense than they look in reality.


Do I recommend this product?
I don't recommend this product to anyone unless you are a pink undertone with very pale skin and don't have strong dark circles.
This product has a light pink tone, has a consistency that is too thin and sheer so it can't conceal. It also is not very buildable or blendable.
Better spend your money somewhere else...like go get a meal at In-n-Out or something. XP

So I hope this review was helpful for you. =) If you have any questions or comments, feel free to write in the comment box below! Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment