Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Review on the Ole Henriksen The Naked Truth Kit

Hi Everyone!

Today I will review The Naked Truth kit by Ole Henriksen

This kit costs about $20 at sephora.
This set has a 0.25 oz truth crème™ advanced hydration and a 0.5 oz truth serum™ collagen booster 
This product is said to smoothen the skintone, firm the skin with collagen, and hydrates the skin to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. The serum has antioxidants and moisture-binding properties for hydration. the creme is for hydration and gives a more even complexion.
There are no parabens, sulfates, synthetic dyes, GMOs, and petrochemicals.

What do I think of this product?
I have used this kit for a little over a month. I have almost finished it so it probably lasts about a month. I use this kit once a day, at night before I go to bed.
For the serum I use 3 pumps for my face. 1 pump for my forehead and 1 pump on each side of my face below my forehead including my nose and mouth area. And then I dot the cream on my face and massage it everywhere. The serum has a light and smooth consistency, it does not feel oily or sticky. The cream is light and smooth and glides onto my face easily.
The serum has a kind of orange scent and the creme, no offense, reminds me of goo-gone, a glue remover for wood furniture and has a sharp, chemical, citrus scent that is unpleasant to me. Sorry, but this really smells like this to me, I don't know why! ><
If I exfoliate before using this serum and cream, the sensitive areas of my skin will sting and get red when I use these products. But if I just wash my face without exfoliation, it does not sting as much. The stinging and redness, is a bit of a problem, no one likes it when he/she uses a product and that happens, but I kind of ignored it and over time, the stinging did lessen, but still happened. =/
To be truthful, I did not seem much of a difference after using this product for over a month. It did not seem to smoothen my skin, firm it, or brighten it. It did feel hydrating, which was nice, and it tightened my pores a little bit. But there was no significant change that made me radiant, glow, or make my skin clearer. I have some random spots and freckles, which did not go away. However, if you read the reviews on Sephora, they are mostly either 25-30 year old or even more people that are around 45 years old. I am 21 years old, and I don't have a lot of fine lines and wrinkles currently, except a bit around my eyes. So, maybe this was not the right time for me to try this product. Perhaps I would show greater improvement and change if I used this product if I was older. I don't know.

Do I recommend this product?
I think, if you are an older person, probably in your mid 30s or older, I recommend this as a good product to try. It is just a small, try-out kit, so you would not waste as much money than if you bought the regular sizes. Maybe it will work better for older people with older and more damaged skin and want to help improve their skin.
If you are a young adult, around my age, I would not go for this. Because you skin is still young, firm, and wrinkle free, you probably won't get much of a difference if you used this. Of course, you are free to try, just don't expect much or as much as most people rave about.

Thank you so much for reading this review. =) If you have any questions or comments, feel free to write in the comment box below! I will talk to you guys later! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment