Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Review on the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color

Hi Everyone,

Today I am going to review the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color in Color 150 Petal Pusher

This product costs about $4-6 and contains 0.31 fluid oz or 9.17 mL of product. It can be found at any drugstore such as Walgreen, Target, CVS, etc. and at Ulta.
The color that I bought is number 150 Petal Pusher.

What do I think of this product?
I rarely ever buy nailpolishes with color in them, I feel best wearing clear nailpolishes because they go well with anything! But my toenails are paler than my fingernails and I wanted a nail color that would give it some color and warmth.
Well, I kind of expected a pale skin pink color judging from the bottle, but it turned out to be really nude on my nails. I will be showing pictures later. If you don't like looking at toenails then, I'm sorry, but these were the only pictures I had. X(
It is true, the nail polish dries really really fast, which is a plus! But there were more downs than ups on this nail polish. =(
The color was wayyy too nude for me, my nails looked really washed out, pale, and sickly as if I was really cold and didn't have enough blood in my toes.
The formula is very very watery and thin. This makes it easy to apply a thin coat on but the formula is a little too watery that the pigment becomes separate from the solution and doesn't always give an even coat of color. You will see in a picture later that on the sides of my nail where gravity pulls downward, the color will separate from the rest of the solution.
It does not really tend to chip and overall I would call it decently long lasting. I don't wear sandals often so maybe that helps it from being chipped, but after 2 weeks, the edges do start chipping a little, but not enough to bother me.

Pictures, and yes, I will tell you and apologize ahead of time if you did not read carefully earlier. I do not like solid colors on my finger nails but I want to give color to my toes. So that is why I painted my toes. I am sorry if these pictures bother you but they are the only pictures I have. If you feel offended or disgusted by looking at toes, then you should just skip this part. Thank you.

 So as you can see, the color is kind of more yellow/nude on my nails than it looks on the bottle, which makes my toes look like they have no oxygen or blood in them. Opposite of what I wanted =P.

If you look closely, on the right side, the pigment of the nailpolish has separated because the formula is very watery and the color and solvent just separate when gravity pulls the rest of the solution downwards adn the color just stays up.

Do I recommend this nailpolish?
If you have really pale skin, then this nail polish may work better for you. But because of the very watery formula that does not give an even coat of color, I do not recommend this nail polish.

I do have 2 other colors of the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Polish that I am working on currently, and it seems that the thickness of the formula depends on each color and it is not the entire brand that has the same formula consistency. I will definitely get back to you guys on my other colors!

Thank you for reading this review. Again, I am sorry if toe pictures bother you or gross you out. I plan to paint it on my fingernails just for you guys next time! =)
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to write in the comment box below! I will see you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment