Monday, November 26, 2012

Review on Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel! =)

Hi Everyone!

I hope you have been well. =) I am finally back and will try to write as much as possible before finals overwhelm mee! XD

Today I will review the Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel in Espresso!
This brow gel can be found at the Anastasia counter at Macy's or at Sephora. It costs about $21 and contains 0.32 oz of product.
This brow gel can be applied on the eyebrows alone or after filling the brows in with powder or pencil to keep the powder or pencil from smudging and fading.

It comes in 5 shades: blonde, caramel, brunette, espresso, and granite.


What do I think of this product?
I got the color in Espresso. I really really love this brow gel. I used to buy the $10 clear brow gels at Ulta, but those quickly expired and got really gross from applying onto my powder filled in brows and putting it back in the tube. The clear gel quickly became a dirty dusty brown. =/
However, this brow gel comes in color and a dark bottle, which I guess, makes me feel better even though I am still applying it on my filled brows and still putting it back in the bottle.
This definitely makes my brows thicker, darker, and more defined. It will not lengthen the brows like a mascara so you don't need to worry about that.
It is very long lasting, I have gone a whole day with it without worries and it dries quickly. It does not fade, flake, or smudge. The formula does not feel greasy or irritate my skin.
It is easy to remove with any kind of makeup remover. I just use my eye makeup remover, and it easily comes off.
Sometimes when I don't have time to fill in my brows but I still want them to look darker and more defined, I just use this on my eyebrows and it looks great! My brows are definitely darker and more defined which makes my eyes stand out more, but in a great natural way. =)

The wand/applicator looks much like a mascara applicator, but the coils of hair are more in-line and the brush applicator is quite soft.


But, there are a couple things to think about. The first is price. This is not cheap and costs just as much as brand named mascaras. Another thing is that you need to gently and lightly brush the gel onto your brows. If you put too much pressure, the color will not only tint your brows but also the skin underneath your eyebrows, creating dark splotches which can be difficult to fix. I try to use a Q-tip to wipe it off if that happens, but I have learned to apply lightly and gently to only my brows and not use so much pressure that I tint the brows and the skin.
I have used this for over a month and so far I have no problems with it. The formula is smooth and has not become clumpy or dry. I will update later if I see any problems or further benefits from it!

Do I recommend this product?
If the price does not bother you, then I definitely recommend this product! It works great alone and I have heard that many women with graying hair like to use it for the eyebrows, so they won't look so washed out.
It is great to use after filling in the brows to help the powder or brow pencil color last longer and prevent it from fading and smudging. The color is pigmented and the formula is smooth.

So I hope you liked this review =). If you have any questions or comments, feel free to write in the comment box below! Thank you for reading and I will see you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment