Monday, November 5, 2012

Review on the St. Ives Apricot Scrub

Hi Everyone!

I hope you have been well. =)

Today I will review the St. Ives Apricot Scrub
It an exfoliating cleanser that is supposed to help control blemishes and blackheads. It is said to be oil-free, with salicylic acid medication with 100% natural exfoliants. It contains 2% salicylic acid.
I only bought the travel size version but the regular size is not expensive and can be found at many drugstores such as CVS, Walgreens, Target, and maybe at Ulta.

What do I think of this scrub?
I bought a travel size, so that if I didn't like it, I wouldn't be wasting too much money. And I am glad I bought the travel size to try out.
I like the smell of this scrub it is sweet and fresh but not sharp or strong.
However, I found the exfoliating scrub to be very rough and harsh on my skin. The exfoliants in the scrub were of different shapes and sizes and irritated my normal and sensitive skin areas. The exfoliating beads were probably different shapes and sizes because they're probably natural sand or something. But my skin was not happy with me at all. Even if I tried as gently as possible to wash my face with this, my skin would hurt and get red and raw. =( The ratio of exfoliants to cream cleaners was rather high and there were a lot of tiny exfoliants that felt very rough and gritty on my face.
I tried only a couple of times, but stopped because I couldn't take it anymore. >< I think this is a good body scrub but not for my face.

Here are a few pictures of the cleanser:




As you can see, the exfoliants or exfoliating beads are not smooth in shape and are roughly textured.
Also, comparing the amount of exfoliants to the cream part of the cleanser, there are a lot of sand-like exfoliants.

Do I recommend this product?
I do not recommend this scrub to anyone with sensitive, thin, and/or dry skin. Personally, I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone at all, but if you want to try it maybe it will work better if you have thick, tougher, and less sensitive skin. It did not work for me and it irritated my skin so I just don't like it. =/
Just be really careful if you want to buy it and use it.

I hope you liked this review and found it useful! If you have any questions or comments, feel free to write in the comment box belw. ^_^ Thank you for reading and I will see you soon! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment