Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Review on "The Body Shop" Vitamin E Eye Cream!

Hi Everyone!

I hope for those in the USA, had a great 3 day weekend =). I had a wonderful weekend with my bf and now I'm back for work and school. =P

Today I will be reviewing "The Body Shop" Vitamin E Eye Cream
This product costs $18. I got mine at "The Body Shop" store but you can definitely find it online as well. It contains 15mL or 0.5 fluid oz of product and I have been using this product for about 2 months.

What do I think of this product?
I decided to try this after I thought "The Body Shop" Aloe Eye Defense was not hydrating enough for my skin. The consistency is very thin and smooth. It is easy to massage into and around the delicate skin around the eyes. It does not feel oily or sticky. This product does not irritate my sensitive skin in any way and feels soothing. 
I think this does a better job than the Aloe Eye Defense in terms of hydrating and moisturizing my skin. My skin does not feel as dry afterwards, but sometimes it can get a little dry, and I will apply a bit more. It helps with moisturization, and fine lines but does not do anything for me for puffiness and dark circles. I kind of expected this because cream-based eye products are not as penetrating and intense as a serum, so it wouldn't do much for eye puffiness and dark circles anyway.
The skin around my eyes easily absorbs the Vitamin E eye cream and does not form little balls of cream as if it was solidifying like the Aloe Eye Defense. I can layer and apply more without worrying about rubbing the cream off!
Overall, I really like it. I just wish it wasn't that expensive, because this product will only last about 2 months for me and I use it twice a day, every morning and night. So, a year's cost is about $120! O_O Which is like...wow....what a use of money. =P I would like to try something more affordable, hopefully!

Do I recommend this product?
If you do not mind the cost, I do recommend this product for any skin type especially if your skin tends to be dry and if you want to prevent fine lines.
Overall, I think it is a pretty good eye cream for dry skin and fine lines. If you are looking for something to reduce puffiness and dark circles though, this is not the product for you.

I hope you liked this review and it was helpful to you! If you have any questions or comments, feel free to write in the comment box below! Thank you for reading! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment