Saturday, December 1, 2012

Review on "The Body Shop" Rainforest Radiance Spray


Hi guys!

Today I will be reviewing "The Body Shop" Rainforest Radiance Detangling Spray
 This product costs $14 and contains 8.4 fluid oz or 250 mL of product. You can buy this from "The Body Shop" store or online.
This spray is said to be a stay-in conditioner that will soften and give shine and protection to hair. It is supposed to help detangle hair and has a UV filter without silicones, sulphates, parabens, or colorants.
Directions: Spray onto damp or dry hair and spread product out by brushing hair.

What do I think of this product?
 I do not really tend to get tangled hair. While my hair is long and thin, it does get tangled but as long as I brush it out carefully, I don't have much problem. So, I did not buy this as a detangler but I bought it as a stay-in conditioner to soften my hair and give it shine and protection.
This spray has a really sweet smell to it. I can't really describe it because it's not really flowery or fruity, more like a candy-like smell, but I like it. It is not too strong and it smells sweet and cute! ^_^ I like to spray this after I take a shower and towel dry my hair. When I put stay-in conditioners in my damp hair I tend to put a bit more, because I will loose some product on my brush when brushing. Despite the amount I spray, the product feels very lightweight. It does give my hair a soft shine and makes my hair softer.
However, there is a flip-side to this great spray. If you spray on dry hair and if you spray too much, this can actually make your hair feel really sticky and dry and as a result get tangles. I am not sure why, but I tried spraying this in my hair when it was dry and I started off with spraying not so much. But then my hair did not feel softer or smoother like it usually does after spraying in a stay-in conditioner so I sprayed more. Really bad mistake. =( The more I sprayed the more sticky and dry it got and therefore, it gave me a lot of tangles.
Overall, I have learned that as long as I spray it onto damp hair in moderate amounts, I have no problem with this stay-in conditioner spray at all and it works well for me. I really like that I can use it on damp hair because I do not blow dry my hair and I do not have the time to. So this is great for me who hurries to class every morning and still can use a stay-in conditioner on my damp hair.
It is also great because my hands are kept dry and clean when I spray onto my hair unlike the Aussie Split-End Protector (which is a cream that I need to use my hands to massage into my hair) where I need to wash my hands afterwards.

Do I recommend this product?
For people who want some softeness and shine in their hair, I recommend this product as long as they spray it on damp hair and not dry hair.
But for those looking specifically for a product to detangle their hair, I am not sure, because my hair does not get tangled badly and usually any stay-in conditioner helps detangle it. It probably depends on your hair type and thickness. My hair is thin and I have a lot of it and I guess as a detangler it works fine but I am not sure for other people with different hair types. To be safe, this is probably good for detangling hair in general but if you have some serious knots, perhaps this is not sufficient enough.
However, if you are looking for added softeness and shine, this is a good product to try. =)

So I hope you enjoyed this review. =) If you have any questions or comments feel free to write in the comment box below! Thank you for reading and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment