Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Review on Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Color 115 (in a flash)

Hi Everyone!

Long time no see! I know, I'm sorry X(. I said I would post more, but I went back home and I don't bring my equipment and stuff with me, so it makes it hard for me to take pictures for my reviews and what not.
I am back in SD for a short while, but I will go back home again for New Years!

Today I will be reviewing a nail polish, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Color 115: In a Flash!


This product costs about $5. You can find it at any drugstore such as Walgreen, CVS, Target or at Ulta. It contains 0.31 fluid oz or 9.17mL of product.
I will have pictures near the end of my post!

What do I think of the product?
So this nail polish formula has a smooth and even consistency. I do not think it is thick or heavy and it is not hard to apply. The brush is kind of thick and cheap, with stiff and rough bristles which can cause streaking if you apply too little product. However, because this is a shimmer nail polish, it is difficult to see the streaking even if it does happen because of the reflective properties of the shimmer. And the streaking is not too much of a problem (at least to me) because I can't feel any streak marks, and my nails look and feel shiny and smooth.
This formula does dry pretty quickly which is a plus! =) And it does not chip easily. I had it on my nails for about 2 weeks until the started to chip and that's when my nails were growing out anyway.
The color of this nail polish is a very shimmery color. Depending on the light it can have a pale yellow, pale pink, champagne-colored or white undertone. Initially, (because I do not use colored nail polishes often) I thought it was super super shimmery, too shimmery for me. However, after a bit of time, I became accustomed to it, and now I think it is fine. Because this has such a light tone, I think this is a very flexible and wearable nail polish. I can wear it with a variety of different outfits of different colors and I do not have to worry about color clashing with my nails!
Overall, I like this nailpolish and I would wear it for more special occasions because I just like clear nail polish everyday. This would be great for parties, dances, and friend get-togethers. X)

Here are some pictures of the nail polish on my finger nails:






Do I recommend this product?
If you really like shimmery, shiny nail polish, then I recommend this product! Even though the nail brush is poor quality and causes slight streaking, it should not affect the appearance or the texture of the nail polish after it is applied and dried on your nails. The consistency is light and smooth and the formula dries quickly. It is also affordable and easy to find!

So I hope you enjoyed this review. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to write in the comment box below! Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment