Thursday, December 20, 2012

Review on "The Body Shop" Warming Mineral Mask ^_^

Hi Everyone!

I hope all of you students enjoying your winter break so far! I am, by just doing nothing. =P When you are just studying for 15 hrs a day for 2 weeks for finals, you would want to do nothing for a bit. XD

Anyway, today I am reviewing "The Body Shop" Warming Mineral Mask!
This product can be found in "The Body Shop" store or on their website. It costs $17 and contains 3.3 US fluid oz or 100mL of product. It is a self-warming mask to help deep cleanse the skin.
This product contains cinnamon oil, ginger, and kaolin clay. (If you are allergic to any of these compounds, don't use it)
DirectionsApply a generous layer to clean, wet skin. You will immediately feel a warming sensation on your skin. avoid the eye and lip areas. Leave on for 5 minutes before rinsing with warm water (mask will not dry). Use one to two times per week after cleansing.

What do I think of this product?
So, a while ago, I got a free sample of this mask and I tried it, and I was like woa, it really warms up! I thought the heating effect was pretty cool. I wasn't sure whether to get it or not, so I thought about it for a while.
I finally decided to get it last month and I have been using it once a week before I go to bed. Like the instructions say, I apply it onto my wet face after washing it. However, it can't be too wet because then it will be hard for the mask to stay on the face and it will tend to slip or become difficult to stay on the face when you apply. My face needs to be between damp and wet for best application.
Initially, I always feel an intense heat! It is not a scalding heat, it will not burn or damage the skin. But wow! It definitely feels very very warm! But then it fades quickly and feels lukewarm on my face for the rest of the 5 minutes. This mask is not the kind that dries up, it will stay in a liquid formula, so just wash it off after 5 minutes.
I like this mask a lot! It relaxes my skin and opens up my pores so that while washing the mask off, all the dirt from my pores gets washed away and it makes it easier for my skin to absorb my serums and moisturizers. It is perfect during the winter because I feel sooooo cold all the time and this warming mask makes me feel so comfortable and nice! My skin always feels smooth and soft after using this mask and it helps clear my complexion. =)
I'm still wondering whether to buy it again after I finish using up the bottle, because it is a bit pricey for me. X( But I really really like it! XD
Oh, but one thing to remember, the bottle is really smooth and frictionless, so don't hold it loosely. I did that once and it slipped right through my fingers and landed on my foot, giving me a bruise. T_T It hurt quite a bit actually. ><

Do I recommend this product?
I really like this product, and if you do not mind the price, I recommend this product to oily and normal skin types.This is mostly for treating clogged pores that tend to trap dead skin and dirt. It will help open those pores so that it is easier to wash the dirt and oil out. But, people with dry skin tend to not have large oily pores or product a lot of oil that causes clogged pores. However, I do not think it will harm your skin and will give you a more of a relaxing and calming treatment to help (at most) with the texture/smoothness and softness of the skin.

So I hope you liked this review and it was helpful to you! If you have any questions or comments, feel free to write in the comment box below! Thank you for reading and I will see you later! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment