Friday, November 15, 2013

Review on "Make Up Forever" Aqua Eyes Eyeliner in Champagne!

Hi Everyone!

I've been sick =(, and I have 2 tests on Monday next week...T_T. But to give myself a break, I'll write a review!

Today I am reviewing the well known "Make Up Forever" Aqua Eyes Eyeliner in Champagne
This product costs about $20 and can be bought online or sold at Sephora.

What do I think of this product?
I rarely ever buy brand-named products, even if they are high quality. The price is usually too much for me and I am afraid of getting hooked onto some expensive products, even if they are super good quality. If you know me, I only have 1 product by MAC and 6 eyeliners by Urban Decay which were on sale. I like to spend more money on skincare =P.
The reason why I decided to buy this product was that my NYX jumbo eye pencils, despite being very pretty and well pigmented, were too creamy for my eyes. They creased easily within an hour on my oily eyelids (T_T) and easily built up in the inner corners of my eyes at the end of the day, which....looks kind of gross. I don't know how noticeable the build up is to others, but I don't like it. =P
I still really like my NXY jumbo eye pencils, and I know I wrote a positive review, but I wanted to find something better.
I heard of the staying power of the Aqua Eyes eyeliners and how they are super waterproof and long lasting, so first I tried it on in stores. I was pretty impressed with the eyeliner, I used it on the inner corners of my eyes and on my lower lashline and it stayed there all day without fading or smudging!
I decided to buy Champagne to brighten the inner corners of my eyes and my lower lashline. This eyeliner does not irritate or redden the skin around my eyes or my eyes. The product is very well pigmented. Even though the big picture above shows a more pink toned color, I find the color to be a more golden champagne color. (I will have a swatch below).
The eyeliner is less creamy and more dry than the urban decay eyeliner, but definitely will not smudge or fade. I do find that my urban decay eyeliners will fade and smudge just a little to my lower lashline at the end of the day. Because Champagne is more dry, it does tend to dry faster and is a little harder to blend, but as long as you blend it soon after application, there is not a problem.
I really enjoy using this eyeliner, really brightens up my eyes and lasts all day long without building up in the inner corner of my eyes! I use it everyday!! =D
I have tried to use this on my eyelids and, unfortunately, it still creases on the inner half of my eyelids where my eyelids are the most oily. =( However, for the rest of my eyelids, it does not crease and gives a great brightening effect to my eyes. I think I will mainly use this for the inner corners of my eyes and my lower lashline.
Overall for my purposes this eyeliner works very well, a little goes a long way and I don't need to sharpen the pencil often. I think it was a good investment. I'm not sure if I will buy this again because  of how expensive it is. Perhaps I may find a cheaper alternative, but for now I really like this eyeliner!

Here are few swatches:


Do I recommend this product?
If you do not mind the price, I do recommend this eyeliner.
If you are a beginner to makeup, just make sure to invest wisely in the products you buy. I'm not telling you to not buy this product if you are a beginner, but just do a little research and try cheaper alternatives before going up in price. Especially if you are not a professional makeup artist. Just a tip to help you save some money!
Quick story: I had a friend who was completely new to makeup and her friend (who was crazy about makeup) brought her to Sephora and told her to buy a lot of MAC, Urban Decay, Make Up Forever, Too Faced, and Benefit products. They were high quality products, but they were expensive. And we are just college students who get paid around $9/hr in our part-time jobs, and I knew my friend did not use makeup everyday and was not that interested in makeup. She only used it for dance, which had a performance less than a dozen times per year, and after college she didn't dance anymore. So really, it was a waste of her money.
The moral of this story is: know what you are getting yourself into, and think about whether you really want it or need it and how often you are going to use it.

So I hope you like this review! Feel free to write in the comment box below if you have any questions or comments. Thank you for reading! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment