Friday, November 29, 2013

Review on Innisfree Skinny Waterproof Mascara and Maybelline Waterproof Rocket Mascara

Hi Everyone!

I hope those of you who celebrated Thanksgiving had a good Thanksgiving! =)
And also for those of you who celebrate Hanukkah, I hope you had a very interesting and fun holiday!

I'm going to go out shopping soon! Today is Black Friday in the US! But as you can see, I'm not a hard core shopper, I go when I feel like it =P.

Today I am reviewing two products:
-The Innisfree Skinny Waterproof Mascara
-The Maybelline Waterproof Rocket Mascara

Note: I did not purposefully put these two products to compare them. I just don't use a lot of mascara and when I do, I don't have much to say about them, so I will combine reviews.
Also if you have noticed, I do not wear mascara a lot, not even often. I just find that they don't make a difference with my eyes compared to eyeliner. So when I do buy mascara, I take a long time to actually use it often enough to write a good review. I got these mascaras at least 3 months ago and finally used them enough to talk about them!

Innisfree Skinny Waterproof Mascara

This product can be found online (like Amazon) for about $15.

What do I think of this product?
I have heard far and wide about this mascara especially from Youtube beauty gurus like Bubzbeauty. I always wanted to try it so I got it!
The formula does not irritate or harm my eyes in any way.
I really love the applicator wand. It is very small so I can actually see what I am doing (instead of some giant bushy brush thing covering half my eye) and will coat every single lash from root to tip.
It definitely darkens and lengthens my sparse short eyelashes, however it does not give much thickness or volume. It's formula is very smudge proof and barely smears to my lower lash line.
However, I do not find it very buildable. Whenever I do more than 4 or 5 strokes, the product starts to clump in an ugly way. Also, despite being waterproof, it does not hold a curl well for me, and my eyelashes (though longer) will easily fall flat.

Do I recommend this product?
Hmm, I think it does depend on your eyelashes. I really like the wand of this mascara, great for short sparse lashes. So for those of you who have short eyelashes, I recommend this product to try. However, if you are looking for a mascara that will thicken and volumize your eyelashes, this is not the one for you. As for holding a curl, maybe I am not good at curling my lashes, I don't know, but I hope your curls stay better than mine! Also make sure to not over apply this product, or make sure to wiggle well as you apply because you may get clumps!

Maybelline Waterproof Rocket Mascara
This product can be found online or in stores such as Ulta or any drugstore. It costs about $8.

What do I think of this product?
I was recommended this product by a friend who loves this mascara!
The formula does not irritate or hurt my eyes in any way and darkens my eyelashes well.
The wand is quite large and I do need to be a bit careful to not stab myself in the eye and make sure to get mascara from the root to the tip of the lashes.
The waterproof formula works pretty well, it will smudge a bit at the end of the day, but so does my pencil eyeliner so I don't mind. It holds a curl pretty well and I like that. =)
I find the product to be pretty buildable. It lengthens and volumizes my eyelashes but not to a dramatic extent. I think it looks pretty natural. And it does tend to clump when I apply more, but it doesn't clump too much and doesn't look that bad.
The only thing I wish was that the wand to not be so big. Also, there is too much product on the wand and you can just take some off with a paper towel or tissue before applying to help prevent clumping.

Do I recommend this product?
If you already have naturally curled long eyelashes like my friend, I think you will really like this mascara and I recommend it. It holds a curl well and doesn't smudge much. If you are like me with shorter, sparser lashes, this mascara will not give you eyelashes significant length and volume, but I think it's not a bad everyday mascara.

So I hope you liked my reviews and they were helpful to you! Feel free to write in the comment box below if you have any questions or comments!
Thank you for reading and I will see you soon! =)

P.S. Make sure to only use your mascaras for up to about 6 months especially if you use mascara often. I know it seems like a waste of product and money to switch mascaras so often. But really, everytime you take it out, apply product, and put it back in, it gets contaminated with the surrounding air and even from your own eyelashes that has organic oils from your oil glands (which bacteria love to eat).
So for your safety and health, it is good to get a new mascara about every 6 months. You don't want an eye infection, trust me, I've had them before, and they are not pretty, extremely ugly and painful.
Besides, it is a great excuse for you to go shoppinggg! XD Re-buy a favorite mascara or try a new one!

I hope you enjoyed this review and that it helped you! Feel free to write any questions or comments in the comment box below!
Thanks for reading! =)

P.S. I will be very busy next month (December) so that's why I have so many posts in November. Finals, extra hospital shifts, and I'll be on vacation for 2 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment