Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Review on Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner! ;D

Hi Everybody!!!

I am super sorry I haven't been updating as much as I would like to! I left my cell phone charger in LA, and I actually take my swatch pictures with that phone (not bad quality right?), so I was phoneless for a week...T_T. I went back to get it over the weekend so yay! I hope you had a good weekend, let's get started with a great eyeliner! XP

Today I am reviewing the Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner in brown!


In the picture shown above. Dolly Wink sells two colors of liquid eyeliner: black (on the left) and brown (on the right).
I decided to buy the brown liquid eyeliner since I had the black K-palette liquid eyeliner already.
This product costs about $17-$21.
It can be found online on Amazon, Sasa and in stores like Takashima.

What do I think of this product?
I have used this eyeliner for at least 2 months now and before I bought it, I was wondering whether to buy it or not. Because it is kind of expensive for an eyeliner. It is about the same price as those top brands in Sephora!
So, the eyeliner applicator is a hair brush with a very clean and fine tip. The fine tip gives it great control and precision and you can draw thick or very thin fine lines. It is a liquid liner that gives a great smooth consistency. It is very water resistant and long lasting! I can wear this all day, in the rain, in super hot weather, and it will not melt, smudge or smear. The formula does not irritate or redden my eyes.
Funny story actually, I was in my lab today, and I turned the faucet the wrong way when filling up something with water. And water just sprayed all over my face from the high pressure, especially hitting my right eye. And I went to the bathroom to clean up and wa-la! Not a bit of smudging from my eyeliner! Yay! XD
Anyway =P, the brown color is a nice brown chocolate color and I think it looks more natural and softer than a black liquid liner.
I like to use this eyeliner in my everyday makeup routine and it works wonderfully! So far, it has not dried out, or had any technical problems and I'm happy that I got it. =)

For those of you who want a black liquid liner: If you are wondering whether to buy the K-Palette black liquid eyeliner or the Dolly Wink black liquid eyeliner, I would say go for whichever one is cheaper. Really, they are basically the same thing, with the same brush tip and contain great long-lasting and waterproof formulas. And if K-Palette has a brown liquid eyeliner, I'm sure that would work just as well!

Here are a couple pictures and swatches:

So this is what the brush tip looks like. It kind of reminds me of a Chinese calligraphy brush. It is made up of many fine synthetic hairs that taper to a point.


 You can see the brown color from these swatches. A nice medium brown, reminds me of chocolate. XD (or milk chocolate to be more precise). If it is not deep enough, you can always build up the color without any fear of cracking, flaking, etc.

This is a thicker line on my eye. The brown in a little darker and deeper than my eyes, but not as harsh or as sharp as black. So it gives a more natural look.

Check out how thin I can draw this eyeliner. Really really thin! And close to my lashline too! =D

Do I recommend this product?
Despite the price (and if you can get it without much trouble), I think this is a great product to invest in and I recommend this eyeliner. I think that this is a great eyeliner to invest in. It is very long lasting, water resistant, looks great, and overall works well.

So I hope you enjoyed reading this post! If you have any questions or comments, feel free to write in the comment box below! Have a great rest of the week and I will see you later. =D

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I like eyeliners that can draw super thin lines. Awesome!
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blog *___*
    I will glad to see you too :)
    http://pumpkinpew.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete