Monday, April 1, 2013

Review on DUO eyelash adhesive

Hi Everyone!

It's April! =O And April Fools Day! haha I'm pretty surprised, no one at work or any of my friends did an april fools joke. Maybe we've all just become too old and boring for that stuff anymore. =P

Today I am reviewing the DUO eyelash adhesive in "clear"
This product can be bought online, or at Ulta or Sephora. At Sephora it costs $8. This item contains 14 grams or 0.5 oz of product.

What do I think of this product?
So, I've talked about how I don't like false lashes and how I don't like wearing false lashes. And yes, I especially don't like wearing false lashes on a daily basis, because it's too fake to me and I would feel like I had no lashes everytime I took them off. I am also,  not inclined to wear false lashes for special events, because it doesn't feel right or comfortable for me to wear them. It doesn't feel like me.
However, I have realized that other people do like wearing false lashes for everyday and/or special occasions and I think it would be useful to at least know how to put on false lashes.
I have also discovered that clubbing makeup can be really simple with just eyeliner and false eyelashes, with not much eyeshadow. So, this makes clubbing makeup fast and easy.
Therefore, I have decided to at least practice putting on false eyelashes on myself and others just in case I or someone needed them for something. =P

Anyway, sorry for the ramble. I bought this eyelash glue because the brand is very popular and widely used. I decided to buy the version that dries clear so in case if I made any mistakes, it would dry clear and not leave ugly black glue stains on my eyes or something.
Overall I think this eyelash glue works very well. False lashes stay well on the eyelashes and lasts all day. A little goes a long way and not much glue is needed for application.
If I don't wait long enough for the glue to become tacky, the drying fumes from the glue irritate and sting my eyes, making them water. So, that's the only thing I need to be careful about.
Other than that, I think this a great eyelash adhesive. When I take my false eyelashes off, I just slowly and carefully peel them off my eyes and they come off easily enough without pain. And it does not rip any eyelashes out unless I glue the false lashes onto my eyelashes and not my eyelid. XP And that would be my fault haha.

Do I recommend this product?
So, as long as the glue and the fumes from the glue drying does not irritate your eyes or cause skin swelling and irritation, I recommend this eyelash adhesive. 
If it does sting and make your eyes water, try to not use as much glue and wait a tad bit longer for the glue to become tacky.
If that does not work and your eyes and/or skin are still irritated, please stop using this glue and try something else. I do not think it is a good idea to try to force your eyes and skin to "get used to" the product. If your body doesn't like something, chances are, that something is not good for it, so you are better off trying something else!

So, you can buy the navy blue version which dries clear or the deep pink version that dries black. If you are a beginner to false lashes, I do recommend to buy the blue one that dries clear in case you make any mistakes and glue gets everywhere, you don't have to clean it off because it dries clear and no one can see it. But if you prefer the pink one that dries dark, you can buy it after you had more practice or just buy the pink one and practice more carefully.


So I hope this review was helpful to you. Thank you for reading and have a great day! (or night =P)

No comments:

Post a Comment