Sunday, April 7, 2013

Review on Maybelline 24hr Color Tattoo Metal cream eyeshadows

Hi Everyone!

I hope you guys had a good spring break (for UC schools [except for cal cus....it's a semester school for some reason =P]) and a good first week of term! Yay...schoollll! XD
I went paintballing this morning! And then I came back, posted a video on here, took a shower, did some random stuff, and now I'm here! XP Paintballing is awsome!!! You should at least try it once!

Today I'm reviewing the Maybelline 24hr Color Tattoo Metal cream eyeshadows!!


These cream eyeshadows are relatively new and I got some of them about 3 months ago because I loved a couple of Maybelline's 24hr Color Tattoo cream eyeshadows (which I used as my daily eyeshadow for all of fall and winter)!

You can buy this product at Ulta, or any drugstore like CVS or Walgreens. I think I got mine at Ralphs actually. =P It was so new at the time that Ulta didn't have it! O_O
This product contains 14 oz or 4 grams of product and costs about $7.

Of the 5 Color Tattoo Metal creams produced I bought 3 of them:
- 70 Barely Branded
- 55 Inked in Pink
- 60 Silver Strike

What do I think of these products?
Overall I like these cream shadows! =)
They all have a lighter and softer texture than the Color Tattoo cream shadows. Because of that, they tend to apply on more sheer, however the color is buildable. The ones I have are all very shimmery. The pigmentation is great and these cream shadows last for a long time. I would say they last almost the entire day for me up until the last few hours of the day, which is when I am at home, so it doesn't matter if someone sees creasing or not. =P They are also great as bases for your pressed or powder eyeshadows to help the eyeshadows stick easier, last longer, and become more vibrant.
Just keep in mind that, when the light does not shine on these colors, the colors themselves become deeper and more vibrant. When light shines on them, they become very shimmery and the colors more washed out.

Barely Branded is a very light and shimmery champagne color. I know it looks kind of yellow in the picture above but it is more pinkish, like a light peach color. When I apply it onto my eyelids though, it is more of a yellow-toned champagne color. I usually put this on the ball of my eyelid and spread it out. I don't use a lot, because it will tend to make my eyelids look too pale and a little weird. But it is great as a highlight for the ball of the eyes, in the inner corner of the eyes, and on the bridge of the nose.
Inked in Pink is a very pretty shimmer pink color. It is currently one of my favorite cream shadows and I love it because it gives a sweet and feminine look. It is also great to use this spring! I like to use this on my eyelid under my fold or crease, and blend it out. Then I'll take a matt medium brown eyeshadow and blend it into the crease of my eyelids (where you can feel the eye socket) and it looks so cute! Just be careful when applying this product. Start of small and gradually build up if you want more color. Indoors, the color may not look as pink and as pigmented as you think. But once you walk outside, into the sun, the color shows up a lot more strongly and can look wayyy too pink, like you got an eye infection or something. XP haha.
If you mix this cream shadow with the Color Tattoo: Bold Gold, it becomes a beautiful rose gold color! Soooo pretty! ^o^
Silver Strike is a bright silver cream shadow. It is very shimmery, probably has bigger shimmer flecks than the other 2 cream shadows, because it shows up a lot more glittery on my eyelids. I think this cream shadow is great to use to go on a night out with friends, or a dance/clubbing, etc. Some sort of evening/night event. It might be a little too intense to walk around during the day, unless you use some matt colors after applying this cream shadow. But it is a beautiful silver color and if I want my eyes to look extra twinkly that night, I'll use it and it gives a great sparkle!

Here are some pictures and swatches of the cream shadows:

Barely Branded

Inked in Pink

Silver Strike


Looking at the swatches on my arm above. The left picture shows the colors in a dimmer light and the right picture shows the colors in more direct light. You can see how they become a lot more shimmery and the colors themselves, more washed out. But you can still see the colors. =)

Do I recommend these products?
If you are looking for affordable, easy to find cream shadows that do a pretty good job in almost everything, then I recommend these cream shadows! They are well pigmented, long lasting, and versatile. Please keep in mind that if you have oily eyelids, it may be better to use less product to prevent creasing.

So I hope you liked this review! If you have any questions or comments, feel free to write inh the comment box below! Thank you so much for reading and I will see you later. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment