Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Thank you!!! and Review on "The Body Shop" Hemp Lip Protector

Hi Everyone!

It's been a little over a year since I wrote my 1st post! I have reached over 30,000 views and I would like to thank everyone for reading my posts, reviews, and giving me such positive feedback! I will try to post more often as the year continues. Thanks so much for reading my blog! =)

Today I am going to review "The Body Shop" Hemp Lip Protector

This product can be found online or at The Body Shop store. It costs $6-$8 and contains 4.2 grams or 0.14oz of product.
The main ingredients of this product are: coconut oil, olive oil, beeswax, and cannabis seed oil.
This is the hemp lip protector, said to have hemp seed oil with a high concentration of essential fatty acids that help to repair skin's moisture barrier, so skin is smooth and supple. The organic olive oil helps to condition skin. And the organic beeswax moisturizes and conditions; acts as a barrier to seal in moisture.

What do i think of this product?
So, because I didn't like the Satsuma Shimmer Born Lippy, I decided to try something else. (I still use the Satsuma, but I just use it at home on my desk so I can reapply as often as I want since it is not very long lasting) So, I picked up this lip hemp protector to fulfill a $10 birthday gift thing last month. When I first used this product I noticed how thick the product was. It was a little creamy and sticky, but product itself was on the firmer/heavier side. It initially does not feel emollient, or smooth on the lips. However, as my lips heated up the product (by rubbing my lips together), the wax started to soften and the lip balm became softer, smoother and more emollient. Because this is a wax-based lip balm, the heavy and thick waxy substance needs time for it to heat up and soften. Unlike my EOS lip balm, (which contains glycerol) which is butter-smooth on my lips the moment I apply.
However, I actually think that the hemp lip protector is great during hot days, especially the summer, because is less likely to melt and become a sticky mess in the heat. I have no worries about leaving it in my car on a hot day outside. And the summer heat is perfect to heat up this lip balm so that it feels nice and smooth on my lips. I bought this lip protector with me to Vegas over spring break, where it was pretty warm during the day and this lip protector was great. It protected my lips from drying out and did not melt.
I think that this lip protector is decently long lasting, I probably only need to reapply 1 or 2 times during the day. The heavier wax allows the product to stick and stay longer on my lips. It create an excellent seal on the lips, protecting the lips as well as sealing in moisture. As for moisturizing the lips, it does moisturize them well, but it tends to feel slightly sticky. The stickiness is pretty minor, and not really noticeable so it doesn't bother me.

Do I recommend this product?
If you are looking for a good wax-based lip balm that seals in moisture, I recommend this lip protector. You may just need to be a little patient during application and make sure to rub your lips together after you use it to spread out and warm up the product. Really it doesn't take that much time at all to warm up the product, but if you want something that instantly makes your lips feel silky smooth and soft, then this product may not be for you.

So I hope this review was helpful to you. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to write in the comment box below! Thank you for reading and I will talk to you later. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment