Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Review on Urban Decay "smoked" 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Set!

Hi Everybody! =D

So  about a couple months ago, I told you guys that I bought the Urban Decay "smoked" 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Set for $24.
I was super excited about buying these pencil eyeliners because I have heard so much about Urban Decay and this is the first Urban Decay product I have ever bought. I usually would not buy Urban Decay because I find it expensive. =P But this deal was so good I could not pass it by! XD

Finally after using it for about 2 months, it's time for a review!

Today I am reviewing the Urban Decay "smoked" 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Set!
You can find Urban Decay products online, on their website and at stores such as Ulta and Sephora.

In order from left to right, here are the pencil colors and names:
- uzi: a slightly shimmery gunmetal gray
- zero: matt black
- demolition: dark matt brown
- smog: shimmery bronzy-brown
- empire: dark matt purple
- mainline: dark matt teal

What do I think of this product?
Of all of the colors, I probably use zero, demolition, and smog the most often. Especially demolition and smog for everyday use because they look softer and more natural.
Overall though, I love all of the colors, except I wish that the teal color of mainline, was lighter and brighter for a more vivid effect. The dark teal color doesn't look very good with my yellow-based skin tone so I don't use it. Empire would be nice if it was a lighter brighter color, but it is definitely useable and looks like a mix of demolition and zero on my eyes. Also, uzi is great for silvery smokey eye looks for the lower lashline.
I think that all of these pencil eyeliners work great! They do not irritate or redden my eyes. They are creamy and soft but do not smear, smudge, or melt. They are decently water resistant, very long lasting, and very pigmented. They don't dry too slow or too fast for me, just right, giving me time to draw, smudge, or fix my eyeliner, but not taking forever to dry. I love them the most because even though they are soft and creamy, they do not smudge from my oily eyelids, and the eyeliner never transfers from my lashline to the upper eyelid area due do my small double eyelid.
At the end of the day, there may be a tad bit of smudging on the outer lower corners of my eyes, but that is barely noticeable and easy to fix. If I want it to not smudge or last even longer, I like to use a thin line of liquid liner on my lashline to prevent any possible smudging.
I am pretty happy that I got these eyeliners, and they have convinced me to probably repurchase at least zero, demolition, and smog.

Here are a couple swatches:

I did two strokes for each liner. I'm sorry that the colors do not look so dark and deep as they are in real life. The lighting was bright and could not find a way to turn it down. So, note, these colors are more pigmented and a little darker in real life. Just keep that in mind! thanks =)

My favorite is the color "smog" it is such a pretty golden/bronze brown color! I like to use this on the outer half of my lower lashline to give my eyes some definition, but because it isn't dark and I don't rim my entire lower lashline, it does not close off my eyes and make them look smaller.

Do I recommend this product?
If the price does not bother you too much (original price with longer pencil is $19 each), or if you can find a great deal on these (like I did!) then I definitely recommend these pencil eyeliners are excellent eyeliners to invest in, especially uzi, zero, demolition, and smog. Empire and mainline, I think, is more of a personal preference, and if you like colored eyeliners, you can try them out. They are all very pigmented, long lasting, and do not smudge. If you are still unsure, feel free to stop by an Ulta or Sephora and look at or try on these eyeliners. They are on display in the Urban Decay section with many many more choices and colors.

So I hope you found this review helpful. =) If you have any questions or comments, feel free to write in the comment box below! Thank you for reading and I will see you soon!

UPDATE 07/09/2014: I can't use these pencils to tightline my upper lashline on hot summer days, they will smear and smudge =(
And yes, I still have these exact pencils, though they are near the end of their lifespan =P

1 comment:

  1. i love cougars that is why i love to watch Desperate Housewives and also Cougar Town** Click here

    ReplyDelete