Thursday, January 17, 2013

Review on K-Palette Kuma Cover Control Concealer! =)

Hi Everyone!

So a while back when I reviewed my Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer, I said I would not repurchase this product and that I believed that I would find better. Which I did! 
I'm sorry it took a while before I reviewed my new favorite concealer, but since I don't wear concealer very often, I had to try it out on the days I do wear concealer often enough to write a more comprehensive review!

Today I am reviewing the K-Palette Kuma Cover Control Concealer in 01!

This product costs $13.50 on Amazon (and has 2 day free shipping if you have Amazon prime!) and contains 13 grams of product.
You can find this on Amazon, Sasa, and in Takashima. 
If you think K-Palette sounds familiar it is because I reviewed their amazing 1Day Tattoo Eyeliner!

There are 3 versions/color tones of this product:
From left to right is 01, 02, and 03.
01- natural beige
02- yellow beige
03- orange beige

What do I think of this product?
I use the 01 in natural beige. Even though my skin tone and undertone are yellow, it is on the lighter side and not that yellow or tanned.
I first heard of this product from Bubzbeauty and I wanted to try it so I got it! I have been using this concealer for about 2-3 months now and I really like it!
The formula has a thin smooth consistency. It is not thick or watery but very smooth. The coverage is pretty good and (to me) is strong and opaque.
A little goes a long way because this color is so strong, I only need a tiny dab under my eyes to cover my dark circles and then I just blend it outwards. If I put too much, it stands out in a really bad way. =P
It has good coverage but is not heavy, thick, or cakey, and does not feel sticky or heavy. I really like to use this to conceal my dark circles under my eyes, the redness around my mouth and problem spots like pimples or freckles. This product does not settle into the fine lines around my eyes and the look is really natural.
It is a buildable concealer so if I need more coverage, I will just add a little more. The best way is to add a little and blend, and then add a little and blend everytime until you like it.
So far, I really like this concealer. It is my favorite concealer for now and I love using it!
The thing about this concealer is that it probably works best for people with light skin tones/colors. If you tend to be tanned or darker, this will not work for you.

Here are a few swatches of the product:

Here's a swipe of the product. I know it looks very yellow on my hands. But that's because my hands are more pink in color but my face is paler and more yellow toned.

On the left is a spread out version of swatch. It is the spread out version of the little dot near the bottom. As you can see, the coverage and color is very strong and opaque. Therefore, when yo use this on your face, you only need a tiny amount

 This is when the concealer is blended out on my hand in the appropriate amount as you can see, it really helps with the redness/pink color on my hands and my veins. Though, I didn't put a lot and I can build layers for a more full coverage.

Do I recommend this product?
If you can get your hands on it without too much trouble, I recommend this concealer. I think the price is decent and the quality is pretty good. If you are not sure what version fits your skin best, you should probably go with 01-natural beige. It is the most neutral of the 3. If you are more orange or yellow toned, go with 03 or 02 respectively.
The formula is light but opaque. You need very little product for each use and it is very blendable and buidable. =)

So I hope you liked this review! If you have any questions or comments, feel free to write in the comment box below. Thank you for reading and have a great day! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment