Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Review on Milani Eye Tech Extreme liquid eyeliner

Hi Everyone!

I'm sorry for not posting in over a week! =O I was so busy with school work and now it's like first round of midterms and everyone is cramming like crazy! I just turned in a mammalian physiology lab report today and it took me 5 hrs to work on figures and about 7 hrs to write the whole thing. I need a break, so that's why I'm here, haha. XP

So today I am reviewing the Milani Eye Tech Extreme liquid eyeliner:
This product can be found at any drugstore like Target, Walgreens, CVS or at Ulta. It costs around $7.

Here's a couple pictures of what it looks like if you bought it:

What do I think of this product?
So this product was given to me by a friend. She said it worked really well for her and I decided to try it out. I was also looking for something cheaper than my K-palette eyeliner.
Overall, I think it is a pretty good eyeliner, not bad, but it does have its ups and downs.
This is a felt tip black liquid eyeliner that is easily accessible and very affordable. The consistency is smooth and easy to work with and the color is very black. The formula does not irritate my eyes. I do prefer brush or felt tip liners because I like some structure in the liner and I feel it gives me better control. It is pretty long lasting and the color does not fade the entire day and it is water resistant. However in certain situations it does smudge.
Because I have oily eyelids, if I draw the eyeliner too thick and eye, the folded area or double eyelid area can touch the eyeliner and smudge it to the upper region of my eyelids. I have small double eyelids, so when I open my eyes, the skin folds over, sometimes touching the eyeliner if it is too thick. So when this eyeliner comes into contact with the folded skin, the oils from my eyelids make it smear. =( (However, my K-palette eyeliner never does that!)
If I draw a thin line for my eyeliner, so that my small double eyelid folds don't touch my eyeliner, then I do not have smudging and I'm fine for the whole day! I can also use this to fill my lashline (the spaces between my eyelashes) and that works pretty well too.
I think this is great for a more natural look with a thinly drawn eyeliner on the eyes and filled in lashline. It would be great as a travel eyeliner because it is inexpensive and because it is not as perfect as my K-palette eyeliner, I would not be too sad if I lost it, haha.

Do I recommend this product?
I do not recommend this eyeliner if you have oily eyelids and you have monolids, hooded eyelids, and/or a small double eyelid or fold. Especially if you like to draw a thicker line for your eyeliner, this eyeliner may cause a lot of smudging in the folded skin area of you eyes.
If you have a small double eyelid or fold and still want to try this eyeliner, I suggest that you line your lashline and make the eyeliner as thin and as close to your eyelashes as possible. Because that area will not fold into your skin when you open your eyes, and will not smudge.
However, if your eyelids are not that oily and you have a larger double eyelid or fold, then I think this as a great product to try!

So I hope you liked this review! I'm sorry I haven't been posting as much, I will have a tough senior year at my university but gotta do what I gotta do. I will try to post as often as I can and even when I am not posting, I promise that I am always still working on and evaluating products! Thank you for reading and I will see you later! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment