Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Review on the Beauty Blender Sponge! =D

Hi Everyone!

University classes have started and I already have work XD, how terrible =P. I hope work and school is starting off well for you guys!

Today I'm going to review on the Beauty Blender Sponges!

This product costs about $23 for 2 sponges on Amazon. You can buy 1 for $19 on Amazon but that is a total rip off, so I bought 2! I have been using one of the sponges for at least 5 months.
Directions: squeeze and soak sponge in water until it absorbs water and swells into a larger size. Then squeeze out as much water as possible. Apply foundation or concealer as dots on the face and use the sponge to bounce (not wipe or spread) product over face until well blended.

What do I think of this product?
I have heard a lot about this beautyblender sponge. There were many positive reviews from different sources such as Amazon, youtube, blogs, etc. The reason why I didn't buy it until later was because of the price. If you think about it...it's just a sponge, why is this sponge more than $10! XD
But I decided to try it out, and after more than 5 months of using it, it's time to review it! =P
Overall this is a fantastic product! After absorbing water, the sponge swells up to almost twice its size! The quality and material of the sponge is great! It is light, soft, and bouncy and does not irritate or scratch my skin. The sponge does not rip or tear easily and is long lasting. If you have long nails, then be sensible and don't pinch the sponge with your finger nails but hold it with the flesh of your fingers.
The damp sponge is great for sheering out foundations to give a dewy finish and makes foundation or concealer less cakey on the face. With the first layer, it gives a very natural look but only gives light coverage. However, using the beauty blender sponge makes it very buildable to put on 1 or 2 more layers if you want more coverage. If you don't like the dewy finish, you can always use translucent powder or a finishing veil to mattify the face, and this also helps the foundation last longer.
It is easier to wash than brushes, and because you need to use it when it is damp, you don't need to wait for it to dry either. To wash, you can buy the cleaning solution they give you, or just use a little soap and wash your foundation or concealer out. Using either the cleaning solution or hand soap does cause the pink dye to wash out a little, but it's fine. No pink dye will cover your face when you use it after washing and it will not stain your hands, sink, or anything else.

Here are some pictures of the beautyblender sponge and comparing the sizes before and after it absorbs water:

This is the sponge when it is dry. 

This is the sponge after it has absorbed water. 

 Comparing the size difference of a water absorbed, damp sponge to a dry one. The damp sponge is significantly larger than the small dry one.

Do I recommend this product?
If you are looking for a natural finish, no streak marks from brushes, and a non-cakey face, I definitely recommend this product! What might bother you is the price, which is understandable (I thought about it for a while before buying it). However, I think this is a great investment and after this you probably won't need any brushes to apply your foundation or concealer anymore.
I use this sponge all the time and I still haven't used the 2nd one yet. It is great as a back up after the first one gets too old. I always use this sponge to apply my concealer and/or foundation and I have not used anything else since! (makes me kind of sad haha, because I have a lot of foundation brushes that I just wasted my money on before I bought this =P)

So I hope this review was helpful to you. =) If you have any questions or comments, feel free to write in the comment box below! I will talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment