Sunday, January 6, 2013

Review on Living proof Prime Style Extender

Hi Everybody!

Today I will be talking about the "Living proof" prime style extender!
This product can be found online or at Sephora. It costs $20 and contains 5.0 fluid oz or 148 mL of product.
The product is designed for all hair types. It is supposed to feel light and weightless, keep hair cleaner for longer, work as a heat protectant from hair tools, and keeps hairstyles lasting longer.
You can use this product alone or with other styling products.

Directions:
-apply a generous amount onto clean damp hair from root to hair ends
-comb product through with a brush
-then style your hair however you want (and of course, blow dry first before using a hair straightener or curler)

What do I think of this product?
I saw a youtube video by Bubzbeauty on this product and really wanted to try this!
So since then, I have bought it and used it at least six times. It comes out as a white gel-like cream and smells really nice. =) I do use it from root to tip and this formula does not make my hair feel sticky, greasy, or oily. It is definitely lightweight and does not weigh down my hair.
First I tried to use this alone without any other styling products. I applied it into my hair as instructed, blow dried my hair and curled it with a 1.25 inch curling tongs. I wanted to see how long lasting my curls would be after using only this product. Sadly, I guess because I have a lot of long hair, my curls fell out into loose waves in about 3 hours.
Then, another time I used this product, blow dried my hair and then used my Chi Silk Infusion heat protectant serum on my hair before curling. And after this, my curls lasted much longer. And then the next day, they became curly loose waves which was very pretty too.
So as a hairstyle extender alone, I do not think that this product is sufficient enough. =( I would need another hairstyling product with it to help my curls last longer.
However, sometimes I like to just use this primer alone without styling my hair afterwards. I just spread the product throughout my hair and just let it air dry for the rest of the day. Doing this makes my hair very soft, silky, and smooth. It gives my hair a great shine and makes it smell wonderful! =)

Here are a few pictures of my hair with this primer AND with my Chi Silk Infusion:

 So this picture above, is the first day with my hair curled. As you can see, it is pretty curly XP.

This is the second day after I slept on my curls and they became nice waves. =) By the way, I'm sorry that I look so pale, I don't have makeup on. X(

I'm sorry but I did not take pictures of my hair using only this primer alone. I was in a hurry at the time and I did not think about taking before and after pictures. You just have to trust me on this. I was pretty dissappointed in how the curls fell and lost their shape so quickly after about 3 hours.
If I can compare it to the pictures above, my fallen curls were flatter and looser than then 2nd day hair (that became waves) in the picture above. So, yeah...I was a bit sad that it didn't work as well for me.

Do I recommend this product?
Perhaps if you have thinner hair, or less hair, or thinned out hair, then I recommend this as a good product to try for the purpose of extending hairstyles and making them last longer. If you have longer, thicker hair, then I don't think it would work as well if you used this primer alone, but with other hairstyling products, yes.
If you are looking to make your hair cleaner for longer, softer, silkier, and shinier, I definitely recommend this product! I love how my hair feels, smells, and looks after using this product without heat styling it. My bf liked it too! XP

So I hope you enjoyed this review. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to write in the comment box below. =) Thank you for reading and I will talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment