Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Review on Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream and FACEit Aqua Tinted BB Cream!!! =D

Hi Everyone! =)

I know that BB creams are all the rage now, but while I own a lot of BB creams, I don't use them very often. So it takes some time and use until I feel comfortable writing a review about a product that I'm sure I know about well. Thanks for your patience! ^_^
By the way, if you are new to BB creams and want to learn more about them please click here for more information!

I have had both of these BB creams for around 1 year. But I only use them for going out with friends, dates, special events, etc.

Today I will be reviewing the Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream in No. 27 Honey Beige and FACEit Aqua Tinted BB Cream in No. 02 Natural Beige!
(I will have swatches at the end of this post to compare both BB creams before and after oxidation!!)

Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream in No. 27 Honey Beige

Missha is a well known Korean beauty and skincare brand. 
Their Perfect Cover BB Cream comes in 5 shades of colors:

-#13 milky beige
-#21 light beige
-#23 natural beige
-#27 honey beige
-#31 golden beige
I bought this BB cream when I saw Bubzbeauty rave about it and decided to try it out. 
IMPORTANT NOTE: Because I bought this a while ago, it seems the colors and formulas of this BB cream may have changed. When I bought it from the Missha website, there were 6 BB cream colors and the color honey beige that I have does not look as dark as it does now. I am not sure if they changed the color or not, but it looks lighter than the picture above. I will have swatches of my BB cream as well!

Because I bought this so long ago, I don't remember how much I bought it for (maybe around $40?) but it is cheaper now. On the Missha website it is about $20 and on Amazon the price varies depending on the color so $10-$23.
It contains 50mL of product and has SPF 42 +++.
It is said to be multifunctional BB cream to block UV rays, heals blemishes, has whitening properties, and wrinkle care.

What do I think of this BB cream?
This BB cream is easily buildable and I would say it goes from medium to full coverage but you can definitely sheer it out by using less product and spreading it out more!
I like that it has SPF to protect my skin from the sun and I like to use this during the summer when my skin is more tanned. You will see in my swatches that it looks quite yellow on my arm but on my face it does not look like that. It usually looks the same as my skin. A current exception, is that the skin on my face is so tanned from Hawaii (even though I put SPF 60 sunscreen twice a day!) that it makes my face a little paler and not yellower.
It does not feel sticky or heavy on my face and blends well. It does not irritate my sensitive skin and does not smear or smudge. I only need a pea size for my face and neck so a little goes a long way!
I cannot say if it breaks me out or not, because I don't wear it everyday, and I don't even wear it often, only for certain occasions. But I'm sure as long as you cleanse your face from makeup properly, it should be okay, unless you are allergic to something in the product.
Like most BB creams, this BB cream will oxidize after some time and darken; however, I don't think it becomes that dark after oxidation. It becomes a little bit darker, but there is not much of a difference.
The only thing I don't like about this product is that it has a fragrance. Luckily, it is not that strong and the smell eventually fades away, but I don't like products with fragrances, which is a bit of a minus.

Do I recommend this product?
If you don't mind the fragrance, then I recommend this as a pretty good BB cream for all skin types but for those who tend to have lighter skin and have a yellow undertone. If you do have very dry skin, just make sure to put on a moisturizer before you use this BB cream if you want to be safe. I always put on a moisturizer, and a hydrating primer before putting on BB creams, just because I do have very dry skin areas and I'm paranoid about makeup touching my skin! XP
I like how the coverage is buildable so you can apply it on for a sheer coverage or full coverage and it is pretty sweat proof. Overall, great BB cream, especially for the summer and warmer and humid weather!

FACEit Aqua Tinted BB Cream in No. 02 Natural Beige
This product is from The Face Shop, another popular beauty and skincare brand in Korea. This BB cream comes in 2 shades of color: 01 light beige and 02 natural beige.
02 natural beige
01 light beige
This product costs around $25 on Amazon. It contains 1.35 fluid oz or 40 mL of product. It says it contains 70% moisture content and has SPF 20 PA++.

What do I think of this product?
So I also saw Bubzbeauty talk about this product and I bought it as well. I bought it in 02 natural beige. This BB cream provides sheer to light coverage. It overall evens and brightens my complexion but it is not for medium to full coverage. A little goes a long way like the Missha and I only need a pea size amount for my face and neck! This is a very hydrating BB cream and great for my dry combination skin. It is also great during the winter when the air is cold and dry. It does not irritate my sensitive skin and does not feel sticky or heavy. It feels so light and so much like my own skin, even more than my Missha Perfect Cover!
Even though I have the color natural beige it is still quite pale, and I only use it when my skin goes back to its normal pale color, otherwise I would look like a ghost! And even though the picture for 02 natural beige looks kind of yellow, it is not that yellow in reality and I will show you swatches in the end as well! After oxidation, personally, I don't think it changes color or darkens at all, so maybe this is good for people who have very very pale skin.
Again, the only problem I have with this product is the fragrance, it has a fragrance, which again, isn't too strong and it does fade, but I would appreciate it more if it didn't have a fragrance. And I don't know if this BB cream causes me to break out, because I don't use it everyday or that often.

Do I recommend this product?
If you do not mind fragrance and you have light to pale skin and you just want to even your complexion, then I recommend this product! Please remember, this BB cream gives sheer coverage, it will balance your complexion and make you look even and brighter such as covering up redness and uneven skin tones, however, if you have a lot of acne or acne scars, this will not be enough coverage for you.
It is not thick or cakey and has a beautiful thin and smooth consistency which will make it feel like your own skin! I usually forget that it is on during the day.
This is great if you have dry skin that especially tends to show up when you put makeup on or if your skin gets dry from the weather or wintery seasons.

SWATCHES!
Here are my swatches of both kinds of BB creams before and after oxidation. I will point out any details or differences. Please remember that the camera and the lighting plays a part in the color of the BB cream and sometimes show the color incorrectly, so I'm sorry about that. I will point any incorrect colors out, etc.

Here are 4 pictures of swatches before 20 minutes of oxidation:

 The Missha Perfect BB cream is on the left side of my hand and the FACEit Aqua Tinted BB cream is on the right side. You can see that they both have a yellow tone to them, but Missha is more yellow.

You can see that the Missha swatch on the left looks very yellow, but that is because my hand is a more pink tone than my face and it really isn't that yellow in reality, sorry about that. The FACEit swatch on the right is quite pale even for a natural beige. 

Here I have just blended out the 2 BB creams and the Missha is still on the left side and FACEit is still on the right. Missha does create a sort of more warm and yellow tone, but that is fine with me because my skin does have a yellow undertone. FACEit in natural beige also has a yellow undertone (even though it looks so  pale) but it  is just not as strongly yellow as Missha. 

These are swatches on my forearm, on the underarm of the forearm to be more precise, since my face color is closer to that shade. The Missha is the swatch above and the FACEit is the swatch below. You can tell that the Missha yellow tone is not as strong as it was on my hand, because my hand is more pink than my face. The FACEit BB cream also does not look as pale as it does on my hand and matches my skin tone better (which is closer to the natural color of my face!)

Here are 2 pictures of swatches after 20 minutes, letting them oxidize:

So after 20 minutes (Missha is still on the left side and FACEit is still on the right side), Missha looks more like my skin tone and so does FACEit. But it isn't a dramatic change, not that noticeable. Ah, but you can probably see that it becomes a bit more opaque and covers the colors of my veins on my hand. 

So after 20 mins. I realized I probably should have blended both BB creams out a little more, because this kind of layer on my arm is not how I would put on my face. It would definitely be too thick and too much. (the swatches on my hand are fine, not that thick) But you can tell that the BB creams look closer to my skin color, especially the FACEit. I say, if you are more tanned and yellow toned (which I am now, because of summer), go for the Missha.


So, wow! haha, very very long post today! I hope it was helpful and not too overwhelming XP. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to write in the comment box below! Thank you for reading and I will talk to you later! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment