Friday, October 19, 2012

Review on Maybelline Mineral Power Finishing Veil Translucent Powder!

Hi guys! =)

I just got back from my wonderful 6.5 hr ER shift =P and I so want to go to bed, but before that!:

Today I will be reviewing the Maybelline Mineral Power Finishing Veil Translucent Powder!

This product costs about $8-10 at any drugstore such as CVS and Walgreens, and at Ulta.
It contains 0.28 oz or 8 grams of product.
It is said to be 100% micro-minerals and have no oils, talc, fragrances, and preservatives. It is supposed to give healthy, natural coverage.


What do I think of this product?
 I have actually used this finishing powder for about a year now! But since I do face makeup occasionally (as in foundation and/or concealer with finishing veil), it took me a while to use this often enough to write a review.
The color is a very faint pale pink color, but applies on translucent. It has no fragrance and doesn't smell like anything.
The powder is very very fine and light, so I have to be careful when I'm using this since I'm kind of sloppy when it comes to loose powder makeup. =P
I really like this translucent powder! It is very affordable and easy to get. I do not need a lot for my face and I still have quite a lot left! This is great for setting my concealers, foundations, and BB creams and letting them last longer, preventing smudging and sliding.
And when I mean I don't need a lot, I mean it. Like, if you use it, use as little as possible! Because the particles are so fine, if you put too much, your face can look cakey or they will settling into your fine lines and wrinkles. So, less is more! =D
It came with a brush, which obviously is poor quality. That doesn't really matter to me, I don't expect much from brushes that comes with makeup. So, it's better to buy your own brush, don't use their brush it is scratchy and uncomfortable.
On the dry areas of my skin, I either don't put finishing powder on it at all, or I put it on the oiliest parts of my face first and the dry areas last! Dry skin usually doesn't need a powder to set it, because it can make the skin dry and show the dryness and flakiness.

Do I recommend this product?
If you want your makeup to stay on longer and you have normal to oily skin, then yes! I definitely recommend this finishing veil. =) This is also great for humid weather/environments so you don't look like you're the melting witch in the Wizard of Oz XP.
If you have dry skin, just make sure to exfoliate and moisturize properly before applying foundation. And try to get a hydrating foundation and maybe even hydrating primer ( I like Smashbox!) so your skin won't dry out from the makeup. Use as little finishing powder as possible and if you have very very dry skin, you may not need it at all!

So, I hope you enjoyed this review. Thank you for reading and I will talk to you later! =) good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment