Sunday, October 7, 2012

Review on Smashbox Hydrating Photo Finish Primer

Hi Everyone!

I"m sorry I haven't been posting as often lately! X( I've bought a lot of products but I'm still using them and working on them before I feel confident enough to give a good review, so sorry. They'll be out soon!

Today I will be reviewing the Smashbox Hydrating Photo Finish Primer!

I have bought a travel size version of it at Sephora for I think $17 and the travel size contains 0.4 fluid oz or 12 mL of product.

What do I think of this product?
So, I have combination skin and the dry areas of my skin can get pretty dry and flaky. And I really wanted to try this primer but at the time, they didn't have travel size ones that were cheaper. So I finally bought it about a month ago and tried it. I really like this primer, it is very hydrating and my makeup lasts on all day without melting, smearing, or smudging. The consistency of the primer is light and smooth, it does not feel heavy, sticky, or oily. I like to put this on after I use my moisturizer and it does a great job of hydrating my skin and locking in the moisture! Also, a little goes a long way! You don't need a lot for your face. A pea size amount is enough for my entire face, and another pea size amount is good for my neck! It does not irritate my sensitive skin. I have worn this in 90 degree weather, when it is super hot and muggy and I feel like my makeup is going to sweat off, but it amazingly doesn't and stays perfect! =D
The only problem I have with this primer is that when I first apply it, it smells like paint. =( I don't like my makeup having any fragrance, especially chemically paint smells. However, the smell does not hurt my nose or eyes. It does go away in a few minutes and I can't and no one else can smell it on me. But if they came out with a new formula of this primer without such a smell, I would definitely buy it and choose it over this one!

Do I recommend this product?
If you don't mind the smell and the price, then I recommend this primer to anyone with normal to dry skin! This is especially great during winter when the air gets windy and dry and tends to dry our skin out! You don't need a lot of product, so I would recommend the travel-size version actually (unless you put on foundation every single day). This is a great all day foundation primer that will keep your foundation lasting all day and you looking radiant and beautiful!
I know this can be a pricey product for some, but I think it is worth it to invest more into something that directly touches your skin. A good primer not only keeps makeup lasting longer but also forms a good barrier between your skin and the makeup so your pores won't be clogged or irritated by makeup!
And if you try and don't like it, as long as you have the receipt, you can return it to any Sephora store. =)

So I hope you enjoyed this review and it helped you! Thank you for reading and if you have any questions or comments, feel free to write in the comment box below =).
Thanks and we shall meet again!

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I just discovered your blog, some interesting reads :)

    Check out mine?
    notanobession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete