Saturday, March 1, 2014

Review on Waterproof Volume & Curl Fairy Drops Mascara!

Hi Everyone!

I hope you are doing well! There was a nice storm in San Diego yesterday, so we got a lot of wind and rain. My clothes got soaked but that's okay, I had extra shoes and socks and a pair of scrubs in the car!

Today I am reviewing the Fairy Drops Mascara in Volume & Curl Black Waterproof


I bought this product in Japan for $16 US, and it costs $20-25 US in the United States. It is said to be waterproof against water, sweat, and tears. It is supposed to be okay for the ocean or pool with no smudging. It is supposed to volumize and lengthen lashes.

What do I think of this product?
I love this mascara! I would buy it again if it wasn't that expensive in the US haha. It is a very waterproof formula that holds a curl wonderfully! You still need to curl your eyelashes before application, but my short straight lashes were curled beautifully all day! The formula only smudges a little bit on the outer corner of my eyes, probably because the skin around my eyes is so oily.
This mascara does a great job of lengthening my lashes (but little change in thickness and volume)! The tiny fibers really extend my lashes out and fan them out in a pretty and non-clumping way. However, the formula is a thicker and drier formula (to build up lash length) so I recommend a zig-zag motion during application to prevent possible clumping and too much buildup.
The mascara wand is okay for me, it works, but I think it is kind of weird, and I'd rather have a curved wand than one with such a weird lumpy caterpillar shape. The wand also has way too much product on it when I pull the mascara out of the tube. I usually wipe the excess off with a tissue. This may seem wasteful, but I use mascara so infrequently that the bottle often expires before I finish it, so I don't have a problem with wiping off excess mascara. Wiping off excess mascara also makes it easier to apply and spread out the product and is much less likely to cause clumping or weighing down of lashes.
I have worn this when it is raining with no problem but I have not tried it in the pool or at the beach. That remains to be seen haha. =P

Here are a few pictures of the application:

hmm, for some reason one of my eyes looks a bit bigger than the other....but whatever

My left eye with curled eyelashes and 4-5 strokes of mascara. 
My right eye without curling and with no mascara.

Do I recommend this product?
If you are looking for a good waterproof, curl holding and lengthening mascara and do not mind the price or are in a place where you can get it cheaper, I recommend this mascara!
I think it is one of my favorites, and I love to use mascara alone for a natural look. If you are looking for mascara to give you a very dramatic, false lash look, this will really depend on how long your eyelashes are. For short sparse lashes, it will be harder to do an effect like that, but it will definitely make your eyelashes significantly longer. If you have fuller and longer lashes, this will really pop your eyelashes out!

Here are some other pictures of the packaging and information:
Note: I'm sorry if some of the pictures were unclear, I tried my best to take pictures, and edit the contrast, but the print was quite small and fine. Hope it's okay!







I hope this review was helpful! I was very excited to try this mascara since so many Youtube gurus like Bubzbeauty, rave about this mascara and I am pleased to say that I'm in good agreement with them!
Let me know if you have any questions or comments in the comment box below!

Thanks for reading and I will see you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment