Thursday, March 13, 2014

Products I regret buying =/

Hi Everybody!

Today is a sad day. =( I will be talking about products that did not work for me or that I did not like. But I share them with you so you can make a better decision for yourself. =)

Here are the products I regret buying:
-The Face Shop Black Sugar and Honey facial cleanser scrub
- Sasa's Sasatinnie's 4 Shadow Compact
- B & C  TSURURI Pore Cleansing Scrub


The Face Shop Black Sugar and Honey facial cleanser scrub
This product is said to be a exfoliating cleanser that uses natural products such as honey and sugar to scrub off dead skin with the sugar and sooth the skin with honey.

My experience:
This product smells amazing! If you like honey haha, which I do. I really loved the smell of honey and it is a little strong, but I don't mind it.The formula is very thick and viscous, kind of hard to squeeze it out of the bottle, needs some effort.
I had a bad experience with this product because the exfoliating scrub made from sugar was very very rough on my skin! I tried to massage it as gently as possible on my face, but it still felt very rough and made my skin a little red and irritated. So after a few tries, I just stopped. =/
I do have sensitive skin though, so perhaps I should have thought about this product more before buying it. But I was thinking that sugar was a natural ingredient and that it would be good for me. Turned out to be too rough and scratchy on my face.
I currently use this as a body scrub, which is a great use, because the skin on my body is thicker and less sensitive than my face and it is a nice body scrub for me! At least I did not waste this product and used it for something else, haha.

Sasa's Sasatinni's 4 Shadow Compact in 01 "Fusion Caramel" and 04 "Twinkle Black"




This is from Sasa's own makeup line, Sasatinnie. I bought them in the Sasa store in Taiwan.

My experience:
I was initially draw to these eyeshadows because they looked so pretty and the swatches were beautiful. The eyeshadows felt very smooth, were easy to apply and blended easily.
However, the big problem that I have with these compacts is that they are all very very shimmery. They don't have large sparkles or shimmers, and the shimmery texture is on the smoother more pearl side. However, they are still extremely shimmery and reflect a lot of light.
I'm not sure if it is because I'm getting older (but I'm only 23) or my tastes have just changed but I don't like shimmer all over my eye. I need a matte shade in my crease or outer corner. Even a light wash of shimmer all over my lid (which is something I used to do a lot when I was 18), is something I am not that into anymore.
I think this was more of a preference rather than a badly made product. If you like shimmery colors, then these would probably be great for you! I guess I just changed. =P

B & C  TSURURI Pore Cleansing Scrub


This product is said to:
"B & C TSURURI Ghassoul Scrub provides thorough cleaning for pores with Morocco Ghassoul mineral clay and Andes salt from South America. It has the benefit of facial scrub. Morocco Ghassoul mineral clay enhances the adsorbing power of the foam created to take out the acnes and dirt deep inside pores; Andes salt, rich in minerals, leaves skin smooth and clean.The thick foam created contains small granules of salt. It can melt make-up and impurities for deep cleansing.
It is formulated with 100% botanical cleansing ingredients. It blends natural essence oils of lavender, rosemary, chamomile, sage, lemon grass and cypress. It delivers a fresh and soothing fragrance. "

Directions:
【For makeup removal and cleansing face】
Directly apply a proper amount to wet face and massage in a circular motion. Then rinse off.
【For cleansing in the morning】 
Take a proper amount and add water to create lather. Massage over wet face in a circular motion. Then rinse off. 

My experience:
So, I like the smell of this cleanser, it smells like guava fruit, a clean and refreshing smell.
However, in terms of functionality, it just didn't work for me.
First of all, it did not lather into a foam, it stayed in a more gel form. And there were very little Andes salts in the cleanser. Everytime I washed my face, I could probably only feel a few grains of salt on my face.
I used this as a cleanser and not a makeup remover (so I removed my makeup before using this product). This cleanser has exothermic properties, it heats up when water is added to it. This is to relax and open pores to help get rid of oil and dirt inside the pores. I tried it in both ways and I found that adding water to it before massaging over my face makes it heat up even more.
However, the heat is still quite mild and not as intense as "The Body Shop" Warming Mineral Mask.
And finally, after using it until it was done, at least 2 weeks, I saw no significant result or change in my pores. My pores were still the same size and same amount and I still had whiteheads and some blackheads in them. Therefore, this product did not do anything for me. =( Sad I know.

So these were the products that I regret buying. As you may probably tell, I was really looking forward to the Tsururi Ghassoul Scrub the most, which did not work for me. =(
I hope that reviewing these product helped you!
Feel free to ask me any questions or comment in the comment box below! Thank you for reading and I will see you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment