Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Review on Anessa Perfect UV Sunscreen SPF50+ PA++++ and CHANEL's UV Essentiel Complete Sunscreen Multi-Protection Daily Care SPF50/PA+++ Precision

Hi Everyone!

Today I am reviewing 2 high end sunscreens!
-Anessa Perfect UV Sunscreen SPF50+ PA++++
-CHANEL's UV Essentiel Complete Sunscreen Multi-Protection Daily Care SPF50/PA+++ Precision
I have used both of these sunscreens for at least 2 months.

Anessa
This product can be found online at Sasa or in Japanese skincare stores such as Takashima. It contains 2 oz. or 60mL of product and costs $40 US.
This product is said to be highly resistant to water, sweat and sebum. It is suitable for face and body and is formulated for use when participating in water sports to protect against UVA and UVB. It is said to leave a non-greasy finish.

What do I think of this product?
This product does not irritate my skin. It does have the standard sunscreen smell but it is not too strong and fades quickly. The formula is very smooth and almost water-like. It is easy to apply and blend onto my skin. I need to shake the bottle to mix the formula everytime before use.
It does have a mattifying effect, however, that is gone by about halfway through the day and I get a little oily. I only use this for my face, neck, and upper chest area because the product is so expensive. It would be used up too quickly if I used it on my body as well.
I like this sunscreen, it works well and I use it everyday. It helps prevent me from getting tanned or getting sun spots.


CHANEL's UV Essentiel
This product can be found in stores and online but not on the CHANEL website. It contains 1oz. or 60mL and costs $55 US.
This product is said to protect the skin from environmental stress, free radicals, pollution and UVs which are responsible for hyperpigmentation and photoaging. It contains vitamin E derivatives and plant extracts such as Liquorice Root and filters effective on both UVA and UVB rays. It is said to be non-oily, non-shiny.

What do I think of this product?
I got this as a gift. (Of course, why on earth would I buy such an expensive thing =P)It is very similar to the Anessa sunscreen. I would say that the formula is a little thinner and more water-like than Anessa which makes it even more light-weight and easy to blend and apply onto my skin.
It does not irritate my skin and has a light flora fragrance.
The container is smaller than Anessa and contains half the product amount but more than double the price! So I would of course not purchase this when this runs out. I like the small bottle because it is very portable and easy to bring around, but that alone doesn't make it worth buying.
I find this to be more mattifying than Anessa but I will get a little oily a little over halfway through the day, so no much difference in longevity when compared to Anessa.

UPDATE 12/12/14: I have recently re-bought the Chanel sunscreen. The packaging has changed but they say the formula is still the same. I think that the texture and how it works is still the same but I think they made the fragrance stronger. It is much more of a rose + floral scent. I am not a big fragrance person and I don't really like rose fragrance much. But it does not irritate my eyes, nose, and skin and the smell fades quickly so I got over it. =P Other than that, still works great!

Do I recommend either of these products?
Either way, if you do not mind the price of these products. I recommend both. I like how they are both very lightweight, non-sticky feeling and do not feel heavy on my skin.
The Chanel is a little better in terms of mattifying and having a thinner and smoother texture. But really they are almost the same thing, and both work the same.
I would go for Anessa just because it is cheaper of the two. I understand that they are both expensive products, but I really like sunscreen that have a thin water-like light-weight consistency.

So I hope you found this review helpful! I strongly encourage wearing sunscreen everyday, even when it is not sunny outside. It will really protect your skin from UV rays and prevent fine lines, wrinkles, and sun spots.
I personally like to invest in high quality sunscreens because skincare is very important to me, more important than high quality makeup. I'd choose a $50 pro sunscreen over an urban decay palette any day! =P
Feel free to write any questions or comments in the comment box below! Thank you for reading and I will see you later! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment