Sunday, August 5, 2012

Review on "The Body Shop" Camomile Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

Hi Everyone! =D
Omg I haven't written in a week! I was so sad that I didn't get to =(. But I had to study for finals and finals are finally done!
Summer session 2 actually starts tomorrow haha, but here's a quick review that I've been wanting to do for a while! Please enjoy. =)

Today I am reviewing "The Body Shop" Camomile Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

This product can be bought online or in stores. The regular size is 8.4 fluid oz or 250mL and costs $15. The mini size is 2.0 fluid oz and costs $4.
It is said to gently clean eye makeup off of eyelids and lashes as well as conditions eyelashes.

What do I think of this product?
I bought the mini size for travel purposes and it works very well! It does not irritate my eyelids or my eyes. Maybe if too much gets into my eyes, it will sting a little bit, but as long as I can prevent that, there is no problem! I like the mini size for travel because it is very convenient. It takes off makeup well without pulling lashes off. I really like the container/dispenser, It does not leak!! Yay! Because I have bought drugstore travel sized makeup removers such as CVS's brand which will always leak when I travel and I need 2 plastic bags to prevent it from leaking into my luggage!
I am happy with the mini one, it is great for short trips and I don't use a lot of it. I go and visit my bf and bring this with me and I have been using this eye makeup remover for about 3 months and I still have the same one! I would not buy the regular sized one, because it is too expensive for me. My CVS oil-free eye makeup remover is fine for at home use.

Do I recommend this product?
If you want a good quality eye makeup remover than can remove both water-based and water-resilient eye makeup for travel, then I recommend the mini of this eye makeup remover. The mini is great for traveling and I will probably only buy it for that purpose. It's also great because it does not leak! I don't really recommend the regular size because you can find cheaper drugstore ones to use at home that work just as well for 1/3 of the cost. If you want to buy the regular size and you like it better than drugstore brands, then that's cool too. XP Overall, great eye makeup remover, works well and doesn't do any harm!

So quick post, but pretty straight forward. Thank you for reading and I will see you soon! X)

UPDATE (4/25/13): So I recently decided to buy the regular size of the camomile makeup remover. And I don't know why but this product makes the skin around my eyes sting, turns the skin red, and if it gets into my eyes, it stings too. T_T The formula seems to be more soapy than before, maybe they changed it, but I don't know. Also, this eye makeup remover sucks at removing Urban Decay pencil eyeliner and mascara from my eyes.....I am still using this because I don't want to waste my money, and so far there are no long term ill side effects...but yeah, I will not buy this again. And I do not recommend this to those who have sensitive skin around their eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment