Friday, August 10, 2012

Review on Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail Color

Hi guys! =) This week has been super hot in SD...i'm melting....XP haha

Today I am reviewing the Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Clear
This product cost $2.50-$5 and contains
You can find this product at almost any drugstore and at Ulta.

What do I think of this product?
This nail polish goes on smoothly without clumping or streaks but it can be a little thick. I do like the brush design which is more of a flatter brush, which makes it easier to spread nail polish out onto the nails. The color is clear just like it says and it is long lasting. It doesn't chip much and I've had it on for about 2 weeks before taking them off because my nails were growing and the new nail growth was unpainted. It's fine in the shower, or washing dishes, etc. It's pretty durable, good at protecting nails and I've scratched my nails with this on and the nail polish got a sliver of a scratch it in.
Like all clear nail polishes due to exposure to the sun and air, it will start to yellow. It is expected and people should take off clear nail polish after 2 weeks, otherwise the yellowing of the clear nail polish will start staining and damaging the nails themselves.
I've used this nail polish for over 3 months. I like this as a good standard clear nail polish and it is very affordable and easy to find. However, it takes a while to dry. Which is kind of a pain, I don't really have the leisure to sit around for 15 minutes, waiting for the polish to dry. This would be the only problem I have with it. I have actually stopped using this nail polish because I have found a clear nail polish also by Sally Hansen that lasts even longer and dries much faster. Don't worry, I will definitely write a post on that one!

Do I recommend this product?
If you like clear, non-chipping, long lasting nail polish and you don't mind the wait. I recommend this product. It is easy to find and affordable. If you want something that doesn't take as long to dry, then I suggest you try something else!

So, a rather short post, but this was my experience with this Sally Hansen brand. I usually only like clear nail polishes for a more natural and flexible look. It's true I don't use this one anymore even though I still have it, but this was what I thought about it. I hope this review helped you, thank you for reading! X)

No comments:

Post a Comment